Classic Talk Regarding KH Consolidation

by lepermessiah 17 Replies latest jw friends

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

Morpheus I am very much in line with Slim on this. If the business / publishing side of the organization was to collapse. How the ideas of the religion would carry on and the extent is quite another matter. What is the organization changing into and adapting in order to survive. I like so many here believe the Org cannot carry on long term in its present form.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

''If the business / publishing side of the organization was to collapse.''

This would account for the new preaching style, of counting hours by ''cartsitting''. Evidence of the wafer-thin magazines, almost a complete reduction of printed product.

I mean how much more can publishers off the householders without ''any product'' to give them. This is almost a 180 degree turn from a few years ago, where Witnesses would have an entire almost ''briefcase'' to offer. Not anymore. All you see now is ''cartsitting'' with Dubs directing passersby to a website.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

are there any figures to show how many new bible studies have been started as a result of cart minding compared to door knocking ?

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    One thing that stood out "While the numbers may not necessarily indicate it, it is clear Jehovah is speeding up the work".

"While nothing seems to indicate we are right, it is clear we are right."

...this is direction coming from Jehovah.

The old double standard. "Everything we say and do is from Jehovah. Until it is reversed or didn't work out so well, then we are 'spirit-directed' and not "

'inspired' but still.....somehow we should be obeyed as if we get our garbage right from Jehovah's mouth."

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

There is one thing we should start bearing in mind: There are more elderly people among JWs than there is in the world. Hence, the death rate will be higher among jehovah's witnesses. I would not be surprised if it reaches 2%. Unfortunately, the JWs don't show these numbers.

• freddo
    freddo

That's true - especially in the "west".

In my hall we've had 5 over 70's die in the last two years. Cong size 70 'ish.

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

About 20% are 68+ so another 5 years or so they'll be gone in our hall

• Spiral
    Spiral

@OnTheWayOut You have hit that nail on the head. I can't for the life of me understand why even the most indoctrinated JW can't see that for what it is.

But wait..."Listen, obey, and be blessed" (thinking portion of this equation has been deleted)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit