Obsessive Compulsive Disorder

by Aztec 33 Replies latest jw friends

• Special K
    Special K

Hey Aztec..

I don't think I have Obsessive Compulsive Disorder.

Maybe just for today.. because I've been on the forum compulsively today.. It's been like a fix.

But.. No.. I'm not obsessive Compulsive.

However, .. I would LOVE IT if you could come and straighten out my messy house. I'm quite a procrastinator... and awful procrastinator when it comes to housework. blah.

special k

• gwyneth
    gwyneth

My daughter was diagnosed with OCD after breaking her arm at her 10th birthday party (shrink said OCD can appear out of nowhere after a trauma) and hers manifested itself in obsession about hair, skin and nails. She thought that if she lost any of those things in public, things that normally slough off your body daily, that someone could find them and trace them back to her, and harm her. It was a real battle for her to leave the house (hysterical crying), and if she finally had no choice, she would wear a hoodie to cover her head, jam her hands in her pockets and wear sneakers in 95 degree Florida heat, so she wouldn't lose skin, hair or nails. Zoloft worked wonders on her; now she is 12 and off the medication, and currently has a slight obsession with germs (lots of hand washing and Purell, which is not necessarily a bad thing--she gets sick about once a year compared to my next door neighbor's kids who are sick literally once or twice a month.)

• MrMoe
    MrMoe

Aztec, are you a Virgo?

• shamus
    shamus

OCD? Nah.

I lookede after clients with OCD. They were weird... had to do the dishes a CERTAIN WAY... and took 7 times longer than normal.... no kidding.

I highly doubt that you have OCD. Cleanliness and order on that scale does not sound like compulsive behavior whatsoever. Don't worry.

If you are still worried, see a doctor who will probably agree with me.... of couse I am not a doctor, and I could be wrong.... so what the hell am I saying??????

I am going to clean the house again....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit