Jehovah's Witnesses no longer count time. How is this news affecting moral and meeting attendance at local congregations?

by Balaamsass2 31 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• LV101
    LV101

Didn't they implement new contribution plan? Was the recent rant for funds to jog their memory and fire up the adherents -- whatever they're called these days -- members not publishers or some krazy. They know who follows the rules and regs re/contributing so will they ostracize or down vote 'sincere ones' from the pecking order if they can't spring/hand over funds! Must be very difficult for some. Most likely, same ole die hards are paying as usual as they plod along for blessings plus toss in extra bucks for the corporation's begging efforts.

Longy - those sheeple with retirement plans (if still kickin') are looking pretty good in the club now.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

I really can't see any visible change amongst the $heeple.

Just the same trance-like,,,expressionless faces

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Any discussion and speculation among JDubs will be "kept close to the vest" among close friends who can be trusted to not NARC on one another.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

LV101:

Yes, I’m sure the ‘sheeple’ ‘still kickin’ with retirement plans are looking very good in the ‘club’ now! The problem is:.. who wants to be a sitting duck targeted to give money to people there who never worked??

I know I wouldn’t be. This is partly why I wouldn’t set foot in a congregation now… It’s not just that JWs didn’t want to work (many people don’t want to work).. The SIN was engendering hateful attitudes and class distinctions in the congregations.

I don’t know who started this, but this is what the religion ended up being and this was a total turn-off to me. This was in addition to them trying to use tactics to get me to quit my full-time job to do housecleaning/full-time ministry. I wouldn’t have retired if I listened to them!

• Foolednomore
    Foolednomore
    I can see instead of Watchtower asking for time, they will ask for dollars in place of service.
  • TonusOH
    TonusOH

Gives new meaning to the phrase "buying time."

• Dagney
    Dagney
    There should be some interesting conversations if they start asking each other how many hours they did the past month.

Exactly what I was thinking about. Their WHOLE conversation will change, I think.

Years ago I was at a few JW functions and I realized that is all they talk about...where they went in service, where they went for break, did they go to the hall for cleaning etc. As an outsider looking in, I realized I had absolutely nothing in common with them anymore, and nothing to talk about. It helped me move forward.

So now what will they have to talk about? I guess the FS pubs will still share their exciting D2D stories

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

TonusOH

""Gives new meaning to the phrase "buying time"" """

LOL. You are so right.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    FNM I can see instead of Watchtower asking for time, they will ask for dollars in place of service.

FoolednoMore Has it in the bag ... the new spirituality will be the "coughing up" class £££$$€€€€€$$$£

• ChildofGod89
    ChildofGod89

The organisation wont be around within the next 50 years. People are waking up and discovering a non biased bible and what God actually is. The GB are now in talks of a new judgement day to lure more people in and keep members and their even asking (using false reasoning through scripture) to put life savings and assets into the organisation yet they do zero charity work other than hand out false magazines on false teachings. I'm glad Norway has seen sense and hopefully the rest of the world closes the organisation down. Stephen Lett etc should be ashamed. They are not children of God. It's Satan manifesting as a angel of light to come down and DECIEVE poor human beings into false beliefs of Jesus Christ.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit