Thought I would introduce myself

by WateredDown 24 Replies latest jw friends

• WateredDown
    WateredDown

Hi There

I have read the site with great interest over the last few weeks. Some interesting stuff thats for sure.

I have left the Jehovah's Witnesses (was almost going to say the 'Truth') for some time now. I was one of the lucky ones that was baptised then faded, no humiliating disfellowshipping but nonetheless was very hard to get myself out. I was among many of my peer group to go away, shunned by many die hards.

My family life has suffered, my Dad now gives very little attention barring none, all because of this darned 'faith'. Incredible to be honest and he displays a totally un christian attitude toward he is not even speaking to me anymore because of this. This is the true penalty for making a stand and boy am I paying for it now.

I occasionally bump into the odd one every now and then. They just look like goofers, playing the social scene like it the damn masons. I seriously doubt anyone actually believes everything they are saying. 

One thing that surprises me is the watering down of the faith. Like a bad bar trying to gain more money out of punters pockets by diluting the beer. Its been a while (2005)

No book study

jw.org - jesus christ

new bible apparently

new thought on blood (are they serious) they were dead against anything including fractions

watchtower carts just standing there like dumb animals.

Seriously in the Western world how long have they actually got?

Its a big social club no more no less.

Peace out - anyone agree

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

Welcome WateredDown,

I hope that the rest of your family treats you better than your dad. Are you married or have siblings that are still in?

It's good that you took control of your life by fading instead of getting disfellowshipped. I wish I had done that instead of challenging them head on - a no win situation. 

You're right about the Witnesses having watered down everything from hours in field service to printed literature in quantity and quality. Let's hope that continues. 

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

welcome to the site

" faith"---yeah.  no proof for most of what they think they believe.

• TTATTelder
    TTATTelder

Welcome WateredDown...

-TE

• truthseeker100
    truthseeker100

Welcome to the site both "village idiot" and "WateredDown" 

Without being to specific tell us about yourselves.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade
    Welcome. And remember about faith... 
    Belief is emotional not factual. Nice to have you. 
    fMF
  • Magwitch
    Magwitch

Happy that you found us WateredDown

• cappytan
    cappytan
    Welcome! It definitely is watered down.
  • 3rdgen
    3rdgen

Welcome! I like your user name. When I was very young WTBT$ regularly accused Christendom of "watering down" the Truth from the Bible and bragged they did not and never would. Hahaha!  

• Sir cid fatos
    Sir cid fatos
    Welcome dude, stay strong and keep your head up. What YOU believe is true, don't change for other people, it's your life

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit