Elder's Visit -- What do you say

by CaptK 23 Replies latest jw friends

• 95stormfront
    95stormfront
    when someone say's they are expecting an elder visit is to remember,you can say no.You do not have to be polite.You owe them nothing.So many people feel elders are some kind of greatness and owe them respect and kindness when they are only out to recruit or get back members

After a few visits to me by the elders in my wife's KH, she and they got the message real quick about how I view them and their unannounced visits. So many times she would get mad that I wouldn't discuss anything with them, stay in the room, socialize, or otherwise drop everything and give them my undivided attentionand be a "yes" man to these supposedly fine shepherds representing Jehovah. As my spouse she's welcomed to have them over anytime.....just don't expect me to be all "meally mouth" around them relinquishing "king of the castle" status. As long as I'm paying the bills ultimately I'll set the agenda.

JW's and elders feed on some perceived notion that anytime they are around or visiting that they deserve some special degree of respect or reverence; that you'd do well to walk on eggshells around them or be on your best behaiviour. Well, my best behaivour on my turf is how I choose to act any particular day regardless to who crosses my doorstep, subject to change as the situation calls for.

The last time a couple of elders showed up at my door, I literally yelled at the door for whoever it was there at the time to go away. I regard them with no more respect than I would have for the Kirby Vacuum Cleaner salesman who go door to door peddling their garbage product.

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool

If elders came to my home I'd throw them off my f*cking poarch right into my f*cking thornbush!

Walter

Canadian District Overbeer

• JH
    JH

Elders came to see me only 2 or 3 times in the last 12 years. They know that I will not answer the door. I know what they'll say, and they know what I will answer, so they just don't come back. It's a stale mate.

The only time they tried to meet me was in December when the CO was in town and they were starting to visit inactive ones, and they tried again in March without any success. I didn't answer the door.

If only 1 elder came, I would answer. When 2 come over, I don't like that, so I don't answer.

• riz
    riz

Get off of my porch, beeatches!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit