Want to read a surprising comment/complaint posted on my website about JW's encouraged not to have kids. Who would have thought!

by AndersonsInfo 41 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter

If they keep this up, they could go the way of the Shakers: down to a small handful of members, because they believe they must be celibate. Between the lack of born-ins and the ramifications of becoming a convert, it's no wonder they have virtually vanished.

• Etude
    Etude

I can imagine that advocating not to have children didn't mean exactly one should not have sex, especially after the 60's and "the Pill" to which JWs never overtly objected as a form of contraception. Nevertheless, it does not keep them from being meddling bastards. The reason you suggest for their pitch is a good one. They have, for a long time, like some prostitutes, relied on the kindness of strangers.

Etude.

• JunkYardDog
    JunkYardDog

'd give it to charity, the government or even burn it before I gave it to them! i like burn the $$$$$$$$$$$ before giving it to the tower. i would enjoy burning the wts $$$$ around the gb members tied to a STAKE... BURN SLOW BEG JEHOVAH FOR MERCY

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

JYD, why don't you say what you REALLY mean ;-0)

• under the radar
    under the radar

I think LongHairGal is onto something. With all the emphasis on shunning family members who reject the Truth©, whether baptized or not, the clear message is that they should be considered already dead. "Don't even pick up the phone if they call or text out of the blue, no matter how long it's been since you heard from them. It doesn't matter that they may be in mortal danger or seriously ill. You don't know, and you don't want to know."

It naturally follows that you wouldn't want to encourage or facilitate their immoral lifestyles by giving them money, or even leaving it to them in your will. "How much better, Brothers and Sisters, to use your valuable things to further Kingdom interests. Jehovah needs your money! Give it to us, and uh..., we'll be sure he gets it."

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

I suppose Wt can be great full now that some had the good sense to ignore their advice, as the only growth they are getting now in baptized publishers is coming from the very thing they condemned.

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

In the Spanish side, couples are having their kids. All of us JWs in the Cong are very happy for them and very nicely celebrated the proper baby showers.

As a culture, we are not big in the WTBTS retorich of refraining from having a family. Blood relatives are paramount among Hispanics!!!

DY

• snowbird
    snowbird

Same thing in the Black culture.

We LOVE children!

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

So much WT has told us to do....no kids, no education, what kind of house to live in, where to work, who to marry, the list goes on and on.

Glad we didn't listen to WT, we would have NOTHING!

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

They say a lot of stuff, then the normal, reasonable JW person picks and chooses carefully according to the life they want for themselves.

As much as the WTBTS opposes higher education, all in our family and many others in the cong are all either attending college or making arrangements to attend once they graduate high school.

As much as they rant on not attending prom, our graduates in my family are attending.

Times are changing. The WTBTS is not as relevant, not many 'orthodox' JWs inside anymore. People are tired of nonsense.

DY

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit