Faith-Apostasy-Atheism

by DoubtingThomas 84 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• DoubtingThomas
    DoubtingThomas

Stand at a distance, Asp!

• shadowclone
    shadowclone

The Corinthian congregation was full of problems but the correct course of action was not to leave it. Likewise in ancient Israel the Kings and priests were usually unfaithful but it was still proper to worship at the temple. Food for thought

• jhine
    jhine

In Corinth the problem seems to be with the congregation members and a few trying to spread false teaching and hijack the congregation. They had been and were getting good teaching from Paul and the others who were basically running the whole show.

In the case of the WT the false teaching and prophesies ( 1975 for one ) are coming from the top . IMHO .

Jan

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    Jan - Punky have you checked out Thomas's comments on other threads ?

Not particularly but I am more inclined to go down the 'troll' route with this one because no reply was given to my question, despite subsequent comments made after.

After all, I don't know who these people are. They remind me of some 40 year old loser, living rent free in their mother's back bedroom, eating, getting morbidly obese and only getting off trying to enrage others on line in cowardly anonymity. No matter what comments ensue from DT (See the Cambridge dictionary for suffering from the DTs), I will now totally ignore them.

Why bother?

• jhine
    jhine

Yep , I've asked for verification from him about comments made to me and non were forthcoming .

He's been quite nasty to people .

Jan

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

I think it is important to have understanding of the meaning of words, terms, and phrases.

An Atheist is a person who does not believe there is sufficient evidence that there is a personal god or creator. They are not opposed to the idea that there may be some entity that would fit the general description of a god. There are many Atheists who sit in church every Sunday, or their temple on Saturday, or whatever place of worship on whatever day.

An Antitheist is a person who claims they KNOW there is no personal god or creator and oppose religion as a whole.

I stopped being a Jehovah's Witness and became an Antitheist. Then I became an Atheist.

• jhine
    jhine

I always thought that an atheist was someone who says God doesn't exist and an agnostic is some who is not sure.

Jan

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

Agnostic - a person who believes that nothing is known or can be known of the existence or nature of God or of anything beyond material phenomena; a person who claims neither faith nor disbelief in God.

Atheist - a person who disbelieves or lacks belief in the existence of God or gods.

Agnostics claim to neither believe or disbelieve and claim it is impossible to know if a god exists. Atheists claim there is insufficient evidence to believe in a god. This implies if there were sufficient evidence an Atheist would become a Theist while an Agnostic would not.

• DoubtingThomas
    DoubtingThomas

I KNOW God exists. Sorry you let men get in the way.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath
    DoubtingThomas3 hours ago

I KNOW God exists.

you mean you believe...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit