Ideas for letter to Dr about blood card blackmail and what it means?

by purrpurr 19 Replies latest watchtower medical

• purrpurr
    purrpurr

Following on from another op who brought to our attention the new draconian blood card policy .I'm planning on visiting my Dr to discuss this issue in advance. I'm planning on telling her how jw's and possibly me will be blackmailed into signing this but really won't want the HLC involved and may want blood if needed.

I'm thinking about writing a letter that could be kept on file for future reference outling these issues, what do you think I should say in it? Ideas gratefully received thanks x

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The WTS tactic is to directly connect the HLC elders to doctors so they can view and take in themselves what is being done so they can put their own self preconceived input to the medical situation.

Can it be arranged with your doctor to keep all medical procedures private between you and her, even is she is approached by HCL elders ???.

That may in itself be possible but its not going to stop them ( elders) coming after you or a personal relative who they expect might know.

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

Don't sign it!

Put them off, tell them whatever you need to, but don't sign anything that has innacurate information about your medical wishes.

If you are in an emergency and unconscious, they will take you to the nearest emergency room. Your doctor may not be there.

At that point, they would be legally obliged to follow your written wishes as represented in your Durable Power of Attorney.

Please find a way to tell them that you are not going to involve them in your medical advance directives.

You really could be signing a death wish!

• SafeAtHome
    SafeAtHome
    How can they think they can even involve themselves in anything private between you and your doctor? There is something in this country called the HIPPA law which prevents them from discussing anything with your doctor. And who heck calls the elders if they are on the way to the hospital, or why tell them at all if you are having a scheduled surgery? Are there really so many who feel the need to tell elders every detail of their lives? Sad, really. Next they will be wanting to read over everyone's will to make sure nothing has been left to a DFed family member.
  • DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Well....if we objectively and accurately examined the implications of the new directive vs the old, we could then have the most qualified member of this forum write a letter describing said implications. This could then be shared with news organizations and medical professionals.

It's difficult to predict the ripple effect that such a letter could have, but it couldn't be good for the WTBTS.

DD

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I'm thinking about writing a letter that could be kept on file for future reference outling these issues, what do you think I should say in it? Ideas gratefully received thanks x

Dear Dr..

If I need a Blood Transfusion..

Make Damn Well Sure,I get a Blood Transfusion..

Don`t give my Idiot JW Friends and Relatives the opportunity to kill me.....Because....They Will..

• purrpurr
    purrpurr
    Data-dog, that's exactly what I'm talking about, we need a letter like that. The medical community do talk to eachother alot, if enough awake people went to their DR's with this word would get out and would undermine what the GB is trying to do.
  • blondie
    blondie

So how is the WTS forcing people to sign....I have seen them standing there waiting for you to sign before you have a chance to read it and make an informed medical choice....but that was a control freak elder.

Just take the form

File it at home unsigned

Make out your own...many states provide forms online

Have 2 sign as representatives, non-jw family or friends (those that can keep it from the jws in your life)

Sign and file with doctors, clinic, hospital, representatives, and lawyer.

If they come back to see if you have signed it, just say you have worked with a lawyer who said that only medical and legal people need a copy.

So are they saying that jws that don't turn in a signed copy to the congregation secretary will df'd. I have look at the recent letters and did not see that.

• Truthexplorer
    Truthexplorer
    Hey Blondie and purr purr. thanks for some useful tips. For some time now, I was considering typing up my own blood card for myself and my child. something along the lines of ' ONLY USE BLOOD IF MY LIFE IS UNDER SERIOUS THREAT' , otherwise avoid the use of blood. Once I have it written up, I will sit down and explain to my wife, who I know will respect my wishes.
  • Truthexplorer
    Truthexplorer
    Does this new directive affect ward of court?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit