Old books!

by arwen 15 Replies latest jw friends

• Athanasius
    Athanasius

The New World Translation of the Christian Greek Scriptures (1950) is selling for as much as $75.00 on Amazon. They also have a Kingdom Interlinear Translation of the Greek Scriptures (1985) for $28.99. Surprisingly some JW books and Bibles are worth money, especially if the number printed was relatively small and they are in excellent condition. So put them up for sale.

It doesn't hurt to get some monetary compensation for time spent in JW prison.

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut
    Don't destroy them whatever you do. These books will one day be the only proof of the JW false prophesies and crazy past advice to their followers and skewed Bible reasonings. The Watchtower Society wants these old books to go away.
  • berrygerry
    berrygerry

IMO, the keepers are:

Worldwide Security Under the "Prince of Peace" (1986) Grey - "Likewise, the Greater Moses, Jesus Christ, is not the Mediator between Jehovah God and all mankind. He is the Mediator between his heavenly Father, Jehovah God, and the nation of spiritual Israel, which is limited to only 144,000 members."

The Truth That Leads to Eternal Life (1968) - And he warned: "I know enough of what is going on to assure you that, in fifteen years from today this world is going to be too dangerous to live in."

"By 1975 civil disorder, anarchy, military dictatorships, runaway inflation, transportation breakdowns and chaotic unrest will be the order of the day in many of the hungry nations."

The Nations Shall Know That I Am Jehovah (1971) - "Shortly, within our twentieth century, the "battle in the day of Jehovah" will begin against the modern antitype of Jerusalem, Christendom."

• smiddy
    smiddy

These older publications of the WTB&TS are a testimony to the false prophecy`s this Religious organization spread across the western world in the day of their publication.

I regret the day I dumped many books of the organization into the rubbish bin.

I could have used them to effectively anti-witness at least.

smiddy

• Half banana
    Half banana

Arwen try and get something for them by all means... but looking at your picture just reminds me how utterly worthless the contents of those books are are. The claim is that the authors alone have the key to everlasting life. How absurd!

The main consequence of the WTBTS  producing those sad looking books is that from the sales of them they have amassed their worldly billions. All the JW org have achieved for humanity is to mesmerize a vast following of dependent drones addicted to religious hectoring and the false hope of paradise.

No wonder those who have left are angry.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7
    I'm for starting a bonfire. Invite the neighbors and break out the marshmallows.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit