"Not Bringing Reproach on Jehovah's Name" is a Non-Sensical Excuse for Shunning

by truth_b_known 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

It also means "don't give our opponents any ammunition they can use against us".

• joe134cd
  • joe134cd
    joe134cd

The other area they fall down on is their woeful lack of any real Pastoral work, so many problems become Big problems, which if they had skilled Pastors actually caring for the flock, would have been dealt with before they grew to the point where someone has to be DF'd.

Sadly I have to agree with this comment. With other churches,that I have visited, they have facilities that care for their youth. If you have problems with alcohol they may run a program dealing on it. At least, with Babylon the great, they also try to form a community for their youth, with various social occasions. Today at the church I attend they had a cup of tea and biscuits. It was a great time chatting for about 3/4 of an hour. Watchtower chooses the cheaper option of providing no support, to have the situation spiral out of control and then turn call him unrepentant and kick him out. Then they wonder why they have such a lousy retention rate, where 2/3 of born in leave.

• forzaitalia
    forzaitalia

He probably did the same crime once before and was forgiven that first time.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit