Child sexual abuse suspect arrested in T.O.

by Tahoe 38 Replies latest jw friends

• Wasanelder Once
  • _Morpheus
    _Morpheus
    If two JW adults spend several hours under the same roof, but deny anything improper occurred, you can assume that fornication must have occurred. As such, hit them with both barrels. Two-witness rule not required here.

False, on several levels. There must be two witnesses to validate that they spent the night under the same roof. Thats what led to the “stake out” mentality of years gone by. Also it is not automatically assumed that fornication or adultery took place. There are lots of specified situations where it is assumed nothing took place. Room renting. Care givers. Weird scenarios about party's and public transportation being closed down. All these have been covered in BOE meetings and letter to the BOE.

My point is, your assertion their rules are not consistent isnt well made.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

Also, if found guilty, the subject of the OP should be gassed, fried, and his ashes shot into space so as not to contaminate our planet any farther.

• jp1692
    jp1692

Here's a link to the Ventura County Sheriff's Office press release:

• cofty
    cofty
    My point is, your assertion their rules are not consistent isnt well made - Morph

I disagree. If two unrelated people admit to staying unchaperoned in the same house overnight, with no exceptional circumstances, they are liable to be disfellowshipped for fornication. Even if they adamantly deny that anything happened there will be an assumption of guilt based on circumstantial evidence.

The organisation is passionate about punishing even a suspicion of fornication in order to protect its reputation.

In contrast even the most compelling evidence of child sex abuse will be suppressed and accusers silenced unless their unreasonable standards of proof are met.

The organisation is passionate about covering up child abuse in order to protect its reputation.

This has led to a blatant inconsistency.

The Fall Guy makes a good point; your criticism is misplaced.

• john.prestor
    john.prestor

Despicable. Lock him up and throw away the key.

Also, just to chime in: Morph, you're right that that's the formal procedure established in Shepherd the Flock of God, the Elders' handbook. But I've read enough stories on this site to know that Elders don't always look for two witnesses when they learn of (supposed) premarital sex or homosexuality. It's not like that with child sex abuse: they always want two witnesses, and when there inevitably aren't (what child molester molests a child in front of someone?), they shrug their shoulders and do nothing.

• zeb
    zeb
    • for how long did the elders know of these alleged crimes?
    • did they contact the 'branch office' ?
    • will therefore if guilt is proven, the elders and the officials of the BO be charged with being accessories?

My sympathies lie with the victims and my deep respect as they will have to face the gossip of the cong and all the experts...

We can observe and have opinions but consider the lives this %%#$@# has wrecked and the wt which has abandoned the victims in its madness to protect its 'image'..

from Wikipedia: Image.A mental image exists in an individual's mind, as something one remembers or imagines. The subject of an image need not be real; it may be an abstract concept, such as a graph, function, or imaginary entity.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus
    I disagree. If two unrelated people admit to staying unchaperoned in the same house overnight, with no exceptional circumstances, they are liable to be disfellowshipped for fornication.

I disagree. Your scenario starts with an admission. No witnesses are needed or sought. The comparison would be a pedo admitting to being a pedo. Also i didnt describe “exceptional” circumstances. I used specific examples the branch used that are not in the least uncommon which is why the branch used them. But by all means keep practicing your cantankerous old man routine. Im sure it will serve you in good stead as you progress into your twilight years :)

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

Yikes, that guy went after victims when they were pretty young. I really hope that doesn't mean that there are many more out there that were just too young to know what was really happening or to speak up. One sick person can inflict pain on so many.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Nobody, but nobody is going to tell me there isnt word on the paedophile grapevine that jehovahs witnesses are a good place to be. These people train for years to get to work with kids in situations where kids are vulnerable, youre not telling me a few weeks of bookstudying isnt going to sound like an easy gig to them. Kingdom halls are crawling with them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit