Now that JWs know there is a pedophile problem...

by Zoos 29 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Doctor Who
    Doctor Who

I heard thru the grapevine that in my old congregation that the Elder who conducted the WT study announced before the study that if anyone was abused, please don't share the experience during the study but wait till after and talk with any Elder. Could you imagine if people started to speak up and talk about it during the study!?! I think I would actually attend to see that.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    FedUpJW - "Two comments from the eldumbs in my locality were centered on the footnote about seeking qualified professional help. One said, 'Counselors jump from one lie, to another. They all lie.' The other said, 'Unless they are using the Bible they do not have anything worth listening to to say. They only say what Satan teaches them.'..."

What did the actual footnote state?

• Doctor Who
    Doctor Who

What did the actual footnote state?

Whether an individual who has suffered abuse should seek qualified professional help is a personal decision.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Then the elders who made the negative comments were not just empirically wrong, they were out of line, even by the constraints of WT ideology as it was presented in the actual study article.

They denigrated and demonized something that the WTS itself did, in fact, not.

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

There is no pedophile problem.

Pedophile - one affected with pedophilia

Pedophila - sexual perversion in which children are the preferred sexual object

Just because someone did something with a child does not mean that children were the preferred sexual object. It only means that the opportunity was there to do something with that child. Very very few would prefer children.

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

What Doctor Who said

• LV101
    LV101

Ditto what Doc Who said but the parents try to please the cult leaders and a child doesn't receive professional help -- or adults who have been abused under WT cult control. Very sad.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Rattigan, you’re so dumb it’s beyond belief.

DD

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Rattigan - "There is no pedophile problem."

You're right.

At this point, it's become a pedophile playground.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Data-Dog - "Rattigan, you’re so dumb it’s beyond belief."

Oh, I don't know.

It's kinda believable.

:smirk:

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit