Baptism during Covid - pool must tough the ground?

by jwfacts 27 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Italiancalipso
    Italiancalipso

It is due to the safety ...weight of inflatable pool could be considerable high.

But don't worry...in Italy we have the best engineers in Bethel..so no problem about this calc. Of course not mentioning they decide to bought the wrong building for the new Bethel.

IC

• sir82
    sir82

Hard to say for sure, but it seems most likely to be some sort of safety consideration.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Of course not mentioning they decide to bought the wrong building for the new Bethel.

@Italiancalipso .....

No one is perfect. They just overlooked a minor detail.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

I think about our assembly hall. You have to walk up about 25 steps to enter it. Essentially, it is up in the air between 2 and 3 stories with a pool inside.

If someone argues that it is "touching the ground", then, the more I think about it, isn't everything in some way touching the ground?

Doesn't everything essentially "touch the ground" unless it is hanging out in space?

• minimus
    minimus

J p, I was baptized twice because my foot went up. It should’ve been a warning sign for me but I was only 10 years old I didn’t know any better.

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

I remember a picture circulating of a young brother being baptised in a wheelie bin. He was the only one in the bin so presumably someone must have just pushed him down. Poor chap. Not very dignified.

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

Just a point about all this. The missive referred to gave detailed suggestions as to how people could be baptised, the only absolute places forbidden are the purpose built baptism pools owed by WT inc.

The only currently approved use for Kingdom Halls is for judicial committee hearings,

Is there a pattern here?

• steve2
    steve2

jp1692 and others, you appear to have not read earlier replies which point out the requirement is for safety reasons.

• Sigfrid Mallozzi
    Sigfrid Mallozzi

Most likely this has something to do with the Yoga practice of "grounding". "Grounding connects us to the present moment. It pulls us into our physical experience of right now, and in the process, creates a sense of ease in the mind and stability in the body. Grounding creates calm, destroys stress, and reminds us of who we are by diverting our attention from thinking and making us feel at home in our own bodies... (love that!)."

Yea, right?

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

Speaking of "safe" baptism procedures....

https://youtu.be/MfL8Q9TCo4I

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit