Lack of open-mindedness

by ilikecheese 15 Replies latest jw friends

• Old Navy
    Old Navy

All y'all are absolutely "right on" regarding the Control, the Enforced Obedience, the Isolation and the Absolute Dependence upon All Things Governing Body!

What is truly eery about the WTBorg Inc. is how it compares with the practices of Radical Islam or ISIS. The "Control Freak" similarities are frightening.

It's beginning to look like the WTBorg have made a deal with the Father of the Lie...

• cha ching
    cha ching

I agree, scratchme1010, I was of a different mindset as a JW.

When the elders told this little group of 'elderly' sisters, "you can't get together for a Bible study together", I said "What!!?? They can't do that! We study with people, we talk to people, why can't we talk to ourselves?!! There is NOTHING in the Bible that says "no".... We have family bible studies, you sisters have 'no family', we are 'like a family', you can study by yourselves, don't let the elders tell you what to do!"

I was the wife of an elder at some point... I am not sure if my husband had quit at this point, but I was always bucking the system.... I guess I finally bucked hard enough and made it out. ;-)

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

"Open-mindedness" leads to an ability - and desire - to research and reason.

That combo is pure poison to WT ideology.

• Steel
    Steel

When my wife was pregnant an elder wanted to have a meeting with my wife which I showed up and ended.

The elder asked me what I thought of his authority.

I told him in have two uncles that have eight year degrees in divinical studies from major universities. You aren't even allowed to research the history of your organization much less have any type of secular religious education.

I think you are a janitor that hands out magazines. Have I answered your Question?

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

@ Steel...

LOL!

Frankly, that guy deserved every word of your answer just for being dumb enough to ask a question like that in the first place.

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

sparrowdown

I'm 100% with sparrowdown on this. It's always been of paramount importance for the wtbts to have ALL the answers to All the questions. Even having the answers to the medical, scientific, marital, and what is sexually acceptable for married persons questions! Just to think that most of us at one time actually believed that they had All the correct answers make me ill. How stupid we were to part of such a grandiose organization that made us so mentally lazy!

just saying!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit