Pregnant JW has "come to Jesus" moment

by Lee Elder 14 Replies latest watchtower medical

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Super article.

http://ajwrb.org/hematologist-helps-open-the-eyes-of-pregnant-jw

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    Dio: ...they were so close to reversing Rutherford's nutty idea at one point...

It wasn't Rutherford's idea to implement a blood transfusion phobia. Da Judge died in January 1942. He was dead when Knorr and Franz came out with the blood transfusion ban in 1945...right on the heels of WW2 ending and right on the heels of great advancements in blood transfusion technology.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Great article, thanks. This conversation she had with her doctor struck me,

"She asked me to double check with my elders or leaders about my alternative options for treatment since I really had trouble explaining myself"

This is the problem with most JWs they have no idea what blood fractions are and yet they are prepared to give their lives for this belief system.

Well done to this woman for doing her own research to protect herself and her unborn child.

I can relate to the feelings of guilt she had and that she said she had to pace herself while doing the research whilst asking Jehovah for his understanding. It's so exhausting finding out TTATT it's good to take your time and find whatever way works to heal the guilt. Good result for this woman, she's on her way!

• cha ching
    cha ching

When this woman said

As he explained how ESAs worked he did mention that the treatment might benefit me in the days following my delivery, and affirmed that it was my right to decide whether I want the treatment or not. He wanted to discuss it with my obstetrician first. Should we get the green light, he would need to know my blood type. This made me very confused. “Why does it matter what my blood type is with EPO? Isn’t EPO a bloodless product?” He paused and said, “Yes, it is technically a bloodless product but they make it from whole blood and they prefer to use blood that matches the patients.

I didn’t know what to say or what to think. I realized that I knew nothing about blood, how it works and its components. Being a curious person, I had to find out.

This peaked MY curiosity, and I had to look it up also... I couldn't just take "her" word... So far, after an hour of searching, I cannot find anything to say that 'matching blood type' is necessary.... Anyone in the medical field that knows? So far, it looks like it is a hormone, made from animal ovaries, and it can be synthesizeds. Blood types? check out below regarding blood type "o"

http://ajwrb.org/hematologist-helps-open-the-eyes-of-pregnant-jw

One of the original and most successful biotech drugs, EPO is a complex protein with chains of sugars on its surface. Chinese hamster ovary cells, a type of mammalian cells often used in biotech manufacturing, are generally used to produce a humanlike version of EPO for pharmaceutical use. Like many other complex biotech drugs, EPO must be produced in mammalian cells because microbes like bacteria and yeast don’t have the cellular machinery to stick the critical sugar chains onto the protein.

https://www.medicinenet.com/erythropoietin/article.htm

Erythropoietin (EPO) definition and facts

· Erythropoietin (EPO) is a hormone produced by the kidney.

• Erythropoietin promotes the formation of red blood cells by the bone marrow.

The kidney cells that make erythropoietin are sensitive to low oxygen levels in the blood that travels through the kidney. These cells make and release erythropoietin when the oxygen level is too low. A low oxygen level may indicate a diminished number of red blood cells (anemia), or hemoglobin molecules that carry oxygen through the body.

http://www.healthcommunities.com/anemia/blood-transfusion.shtml

Blood Transfusion

Hospitals use blood supplied by blood banks (companies that collect, prepare, and store blood for medical and emergency uses). Blood banks type blood and test the compatibility of donor and recipient blood before transfusion (called cross-matching). Blood types are A, B, AB, and O. Whether the type is positive or negative depends on whether the Rh factor is present on the person's red blood cells.

All types can receive O negative blood, but may not be compatible with other types:

· Recipients with A+ blood type can receive A+, A-, O+ and O- blood types

· Recipients with B+ blood type can receive B+, B-, O+ and O- blood types

· Recipients with AB+ blood type can receive AB+, AB-, O+ and O- blood types

· Recipients with O+ blood type can receive O+ and O- blood types

· Recipients with A- blood type can receive A- and O- blood types

· Recipients with B- blood type can receive B- and O- blood types

· Recipients with AB- blood type can receive AB- and O- blood types

· Recipients with O- blood type can receive O- blood type

Other Treatment for Anemia

Injectable EPO (e.g., PROCRIT, EPOGEN) is an alternative to blood transfusion to treat critically ill patients with anemia. Exogenous EPO is identical to the natural hormone in its role of stimulating the bone marrow to produce red blood cells. EPO has been used safely in many clinical settings, including chronic renal failure, oncology, and surgery. In the ICU, use of EPO has been shown to reduce the amount of blood transfused by almost 50%, at the same time significantly increasing hemoglobin levels.

https://peterattiamd.com/what-do-anabolic-steroids-epo-and-carbohydrates-have-in-common/

EPO

Erythropoietin (EPO) is a hormone produced by the kidney which regulates the body’s production of red blood cells – the cells in our bloodstream that transport oxygen to all tissues and carbon dioxide back to the lungs. Under normal circumstances the body highly regulates the concentration of red blood cells and hemoglobin. Hemoglobin is the protein carried by the red blood cells that actually binds oxygen and carbon dioxide and allows red blood cells to transport these gases in our bloodstream. If you donate blood, for example, you are “giving away” red blood cells and hemoglobin. Your kidneys, sensing this, make more EPO, which signals to your bone marrow to make more red blood cells and hemoglobin.

• amiable atheist

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit