Whatever happened to them??

by jeffory1 17 Replies latest jw friends

• jeffory1
    jeffory1

Just talking to someone recently about former CO's in our area. It went as follows,,,,George Cook,saw that he was now in Princes congregation or should say the former Prince.

Brother Gwaltney,,NW USA area now drives a school bus his wife sold cosmetics at a Nordstrom.

Brother Spangenberg had to leave CO work as his wife was sick ,,went to low paying menial job.

Brother ---- cant remember his name but he is now working a a waiter in a Italian restaurant,,singing as requested by customers. He had a promising career as a Tenor in his younger days but gave it up for the troof.

Brother Baxter had high tastes when he came calling to the congs. but he ended up timed out due to age. No, no more green handshakes, no more freebies at best restaurants. Turning his nose up at the humble congs. offerings in the way of meals. Just remembering as I type this makes me do a slow burn.

It's not just them though, who now in their older years have nothing. it's all those who listened to these "Judas goats" preach against planning for a retirement or having a savings fund or getting an education so that you could have a job that payed well.

Anybody else have those stories?

jeffory

• steve2
    steve2

Where are JWs from our pasts? Not in the new system of things that they gave their lives for. That's where.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

We know of a retired CO that Watchtower provides a home to him and his wife. Travels around like a gypsy and sponges off of anyone he can.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

JEFFORY1:

Maybe brothers with businesses have offered these people jobs. I sure hope so because people in the congregations are going to get tired of being hit up for money.

I am glad I'm not there anymore....People who criticized those with full time jobs are undeserving of charity.

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

Brother Spangenberg had to leave CO work as his wife was sick ,,went to low paying menial job.

Not sure if it is the same Spangenberg, but in the Roswell, NM (USA) area there was an older guy with that name that had all sorts of "I remember..." stories. Seems his wife was a bit of a hypochondriac, and he finally had enough and died. Or maybe he got fed up with being ignored by all the young bucks running the show, and their obvious lack of love and checked out.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

jeffory, just one thing none of them are your brother.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

I remember spangenburg and have been to the restaurant where the other CO works. Crazy small world of delusional people.

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

Brother ruthless speaking at the Veterans Affairs Health Center, helping vets to get benefits.This brother served in the Navy before the Vietnam war, he is trying to get benefits for himself...Brother high roller divorced his wife open a night club and today he's back in the borg. remarried and a elder. Brother CO wife dead, brother humble dead, sister love food dead, brother ex professional football player living double life dead, over half of the members from the 70's dead...

• Athanasius
    Athanasius

Hi Jeffory,

Not sure if we're talking about the same CO Baxter. However, back in 1963-65 we had a Bill Baxter as our CO. He and his wife were in their mid to late 30s back then so he would probably be close to 90 now,

Before he was assigned to our circuit in northern California, he had served somewhere in the mid-west.

Athanasius

• jeffory1
    jeffory1

jookbeard

you say 'none of them are your brother',,,so true. force of habit I guess but even when they were "my brother" they really were not and never,never had my best interests at heart.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit