What happened to all of the KH`s that will be required in the next few years ?

by smiddy3 29 Replies latest jw friends

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Sorry if this has already been posted ,but didn`t they say a couple of years ago that they would be needing hundreds more KH`s in the very near future ?

And what do we see today ? A great sell off of Kh`s all over the world ?

Isn`t expansion seen as a sign of growth ?

How about selling off a lot of your assets KH`s as a sign of "your in trouble "?

• waton
    waton

wtBtS INC. is also, with the world wide sell off, consolidating congregations into bigger units, Giving the illusion of more people. growth after all, (jworg is grow-j spelled backward). so the lemmings will be more stressed after the longer travel to the farther hall, the packed meeting, and ready to go over the cliff ( against all human reason). so:

The illusion of growth,The stressed controllable members, the money in the bank.

• alanv
    alanv

I think they were referring more to the third world counties, where there is at least some growth. But of course they need the developed countries to help pay for those halls

• stillin
    stillin

They did say that, Smiddy, and it was either deceptive or there was a change of plan.

A local elder did a Bethel visit last year and came back glowing with reports of what an exciting place to be. The Bethel Family. The hive of activity that is "our headquarters." This was during the time that many had been sent "home" or off to special pioneer assignments. Of course, they have no homes because Bethel had been their home for years. And the only thing "special" about special pioneering is that they will get a check for $16 or some piddly amount while they accomplish nothing somewhere.

His self-deception was astounding!

• WillYouDFme
    WillYouDFme

MASS AMNESIA!

No one remember the in 2015 when they had that special video from the branch that said we are bursting at the seams and need to build thousands of halls IN THE USA!

No one remembers that right after all congregations were ask to donate as if they had a mortgage every month and also empty their bank accounts "for the building work".

No one remember the McKindom Halls that were promised. And how halls that were overcrowded with 3,4, or 5 congregations were going to be given new halls.

And no one blinks an eye when 2 years later they start begging for money (after making 1 billion in Brooklyn sales) and say - we have to CONSOLIDATE halls.

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

Virtually the entire JW membership has always seemed to be under some kind of spell. I remember back in 1975 that everyone just forgot about all the lies, false profits, & failed predictions as if it never even happened. It really blew my mind as a 13 year old in 1976 to witness the "amnesia" first hand.

That was the year I started smoking pot as a way of coping with the stress of losing faith in just about anything, especially my parents. I pretty much got stoned everyday until I was old enough to leave home. I went to a KH meeting once on mushrooms. Made a lot more sense and was far more interesting. ;-)

I ended up in prison on a drug charge at age 19 and served 10 months behind bars. Best thing that ever happened to me. I got sober and learned to think a little for myself.

My uncle sold his house (with four kids in it) to pioneer in '75. He "stayed alive till '75".... but not much longer. He died a Df'd alcoholic tens years or so later. He wasn't as fortunate as I was.

To this day my family believes that there is something wrong with me and not their false prophets. God forbid that anyone should criticize their holy prophets and hold them accountable. Sociopathic zombies.

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

When there is more money going out, than the amount of money coming in, then the governing body proves to the whole world they are not mature enough to handle money.

When they make those begging videos like that they are only proving that they are not qualified to be at the top.

Atlantis!

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

I have brought that up to many a pimi 's and it's like they are programmed to believe whatever is current and have total amnesia of what was said, promised, assured, guaranteed in the past!

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    Atlantis: ... more money going out, than the amount of money coming in

Yeah but...selling KHs means money is coming in.

It is what the org is doing with all the money from KH sales that is interesting.

Need I mention Argentina again? And where else are construction projects going on that are draining money from KH sales? What other locations are getting fancy dancy new headquarters?

It seems like the KH sales are simply re-purposing $$$ - scoop the $$$ and redirect it to "headquarters" construction projects. The payouts for CSA settlements are a drop in the bucket compared to how much the org is investing in building headquarters in other countries.

*to add: just think about how selling KHs off reduces the court required financial assessments for CSA payouts. Such a simple scheme to avoid larger payouts - sell off the KHs and reduce the bottom line but then send the money out of country to invest elsewhere. Selling KHs makes the CCJWs almost destitute - can't get water from a stone.

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

That Argentina project has to be at least half a billion

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit