New Movie: Blood, dealing with Blood Transfusions. Coming to a theater near you soon!

by ILoveTTATT2 18 Replies latest jw friends

• ILoveTTATT2
    ILoveTTATT2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=121&v=B-TCY86As6I

OMG I cannot believe that someone is making a Hollywood-like movie based on the topic of blood transfusions and Jehovah's Witnesses! Here is the trailer.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    OMG I cannot believe that someone is making a Hollywood-like movie based on the topic of blood transfusions and Jehovah's Witnesses!

The producer is an exJW from Canada.

The film has gone into pre-production this month - March - and it goes to camera in October.

Thanks for posting, ILove. I am quite looking forward to seeing this film - it should be a good one.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Sad to say, I don't see a big audience for this. The public really doesn't care about JWs because they are such a minority of the population, a nuisance (and mostly weird).

JW's, of course, will be told to boycott it.

Only family members who have been affected by a JW refusing transfusion will have any remote interest.

But we can hope...........

Doc

• steve2
    steve2

There will be a lot of interest in the Christian "community", though. My impression is these kinds of movies are not necessarily produced to be blockbusters but they are usually aimed at more general Christian audiences.

I'd also assume funding is provided by Christian outreach groups (I'll check it out when I can see the youtube video at home - I'm at my workplace where access is limited.).

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

DoC: Sad to say, I don't see a big audience for this. The public really doesn't care about JWs because they are such a minority of the population, a nuisance (and mostly weird).
    JW's, of course, will be told to boycott it.

Only family members who have been affected by a JW refusing transfusion will have any remote interest.

The only reason that "the public" shows little interest is simply because they are ignorant of the the full implications of the WT's blood ban.

I used to think the same as you, Doc, until I started talking to non-JWs about the blood ban and it has been surprising how many people are totally unaware of how much this issue has affected those affiliated with the JWs. The "public" that I have spoken to about the blood issue have been horrified when they learn how many JWs die each year from refusing blood.

They have simply shown no interest because they know nothing about it. This film will change that.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

An interview with the producers of the film "Blood" - Alex Riker and Jason King - where the background of the film is discussed.

It is long - I am listening to it right now...Alex and Jason give lots of details about their JW experiences and, in addition to the film, they discuss many aspects of the religion, including child abuse.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6v5KVHl5rY

• betterdaze
    betterdaze

Filmmaker’s mission to turn camera on religion

“People stay in this faith not because they want to, or because they believe it,” he explained. “It’s because they’re afraid of being excommunicated, of losing their families, their friends . . . I want to hope this will help change things.”

• dbq407
    dbq407
    I think it's great. If it helps a few leave the religion or helps a few decide not to join, then its a success in my book!
  • Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

DesirousOfChange5 hours ago
    Sad to say, I don't see a big audience for this. The public really doesn't care about JWs because they are such a minority of the population, a nuisance (and mostly weird).

You might be surprised DOC..if its a good film with good direction, storyline AND packs an emotional punch, it could do really well. After all, many small independent films with even smaller niche storylines have been global successes! Let's hope so!

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    steve2: I'd also assume funding is provided by Christian outreach groups...

The film is not being funded by Christian outreach groups.

I checked with the producer, Alex, as to where the funding is coming from and his response was that it has been, so far, self funded. Lol! He said that he sold all his "worldly" possessions in order to get the film off the ground.

The good news is that there are some potential investors on the horizon. And they are not Christian outreach groups.

Dio: .....if its a good film with good direction, storyline AND packs an emotional punch, it could do really well.

From what I have heard so far, this film has the potential to deliver exactly that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit