New Wuhan coronavirus around.....

by mikeflood 27 Replies latest social current

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I don't trust the news, I have to be honest here. I wonder if they're exaggerating figures to sell their crap?

I've thought that if anything kills off mankind, it's be microscopic beasts.

Let's see how this one pans out.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

T.V. stations & radio stations are all vying for maximum ratings and News is just another way of getting the top ratings ,provided you can sensationalise it without going too far overboard.

Embellishment ,exageration of the news is not uncommon nowadays if ever it was.

Thinking back to my JW days I was always stupefied about "Watching the World" at the back of the "Awake" magazine ,the news was always 2 or 3 months behind the times ? And there was always a negative aspect of the "news" they were reporting.

• cofty
    cofty

Don't tarnish all news outlets by the sensationalism of a few.

• LV101
    LV101

I don't trust China (or all news outlets) but BBC headline on email re/five more cities (China) quarantined and videos circulating of people collapsing. Shortage of virus tests - don't think they're letting us know how bad. Scary communist crazies.

• frozen2018
    frozen2018

This is Xi and Trump colluding to push Trump's impeachment trial off the front page. If Trump is judged Guilty, people will start dropping like flies and Trump will declare himself President for Life, just like Xi. Anonymous sources are preparing to come forward and unverified documentary evidence is being gathered. Coming soon to a Twitter account that has a blue "been verified" check mark.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Its very hard if not virtually impossible to distinguish one from the other ,its better to be cautious of all news than be duped by the sensationalists reporting.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

The Chinese are building a new hospital to treat ill people in the affected region and it will be ready within weeks—Wow 😮

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Today it's difficult to tell if any quoted headline is from the Enquirer or from the NYT.

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

@DesirousofChange: again, don't let a few tarnish the many. The NYT has been a sensational rag since Hillary ran vs Obama and they lost tons and tons of subscribers due to dishonest coverage. They never recovered, same goes for CNN and MSNBC, they lost tons of viewers over the last decade and are now relegated to sensational headlines and opinion pieces without substance.

Luckily we do have a rather large body of small independent journalist sites (eg the Daily Wire) that are open about their biases. I get all my news from independent channels on YouTube and podcasts which can go in deep and honest detail of a particular issue.

As far as the topic at hand, what I got from my sources is that it's a potentially major issue, it won't spread far beyond China because we have better healthcare and an open media, similar to the SARS and other outbreaks in China. Also, it's a deadlier virus than the cold but it is still a cold which doesn't mean automatic death and it's relatively easy to contain and prevent spreading.

• JeffT
    JeffT

I've thought that if anything kills off mankind, it's be microscopic beasts.

Viruses ARE microscopic beasts.

If Trump is judged Guilty, people will start dropping like flies and Trump will declare himself President for Life

The second senator number 67 votes guilty, he's not President anymore. Mike Pence will be sworn in immediately.

The Chinese are building a new hospital to treat ill people in the affected region and it will be ready within weeks—Wow 😮

I heard it will be ready next week. I don't think it will be a hospital the way we think of one. Think "MASH" instead.

I don't trust news outlets, but I trust the Chinese less. The fact that they are quarantining major cities is at odds with their public numbers of the people sick and dead. I believe the problem is much greater than they are letting on.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit