JW jailed for £8million investment fraud - UK

by OrphanCrow 19 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• steve2
    steve2

"By this all will know you are my followers if you have ....." ?

Please refresh my memory of the second part of that Scripture.

Thanks.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Slimboyfat;

''When I was in the JWs I used to think there were no bad JWs at all. Now I begin to wonder if there are any good ones?''

My thoughts exactly. Could not have said it better myself!!!!!

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim
    When ''they'' fall, my, oh, my they fall hard, hard from grace.
  • ignored_one
    ignored_one
    I remember a JW Wheeler family from the south east. Wonder if they're related?
  • freddo
    freddo
    I remember a JW Wheeler family ... Wonder if they're related?

@ ignored_one

I wonder if they wheely are?

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

"He told investors that his status as a Jehovah’s Witness meant he was unable to break the law, in an effort to win their trust."

Frankly, I'm surprised this hasn't happened more often.

(Or maybe it just hasn't been reported too much until now.)

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    vidiot: Frankly, I'm surprised this hasn't happened more often.
    (Or maybe it just hasn't been reported too much until now.

http://jwemployees.bravehost.com/NewsReports/2015.html

For decades, the WatchTower Society has repeatedly portrayed its' Jehovah's Witness members as "the most honest people on earth", supposedly because Jehovah's Witnesses are members of "the only true religion on earth". The following state and federal employment related criminal and civil court cases are not intended as evidence that Jehovah's Witness Employees are more dishonest than other employees, but rather are intended to demonstrate that Jehovah's Witnesses are just as dishonest, or honest, as are other members of the human population -- whether religious or non-religious.

Mounting evidence, however, seems to indicate that a higher than normal percentage of Jehovah's Witness Investments-Insurance Salespersons are turning to crime. See below all the Investments-Insurance related cases which have become public over the past decade just since the flood of information provided by the internet. (Just for fun, try to keep track of how many times the word "California" occurs just on this first page of this 10-page section.)

• eyeslice2
    eyeslice2

Bumping this thread up again.

Apparently Mr Kemp (Tony to his pals) was extradited from New Zealand and given a 7 year sentence in the UK. Good see he got what was coming to him. Sorry if this has been posted before but I did a search and couldn't find an update on this particular case of nasty fraud involving JWs.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tyne-44873882

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

SLIMBOYFAT:

I never trusted Witnesses and felt there were con artist types looking to take advantage of the trusting nature of other people in the congregation.

In my younger days I remember a smooth talking brother who was trying to get me interested in something once..So, I went and asked my non-JW father who warned me against it.. I could have lost money and been out of luck with no recourse. Glad I listened to Dad.

A lot of this garbage goes on in the JW religion. Who needs these bastards?

• Exelder
    Exelder

Kemp (Tony) was always dodgy.

Neighbours used to report him for working on his car and doing other manual jobs while claiming thousands on benefits for years.

He used to arrive at the KH wearing a neck collar and in a wheelchair or with crutches but then would be sailing or mountaineering on the weekend.

He eventually abandoned his family. Went away for a 'few days' and never came back. They did not have a clue where he was and his wife and son (who was a bit autistic) had to live in a travellodge for months with no money or food (no practical help from congregation of course!!!)

Young Wheeler....He used to run a sun bed business. There were rumours about him but nothing concrete. He was always on the fringe...never quite fully in or committed to Witnesses.

I used to hate it when people used to use the "I am a JW and could never commit a crime" when they got caught. But now I think it is funny. A local postman used the same excuse when they found hundred of opened birthday cards in his locker (he had been opening them and stealing the money inside).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit