Governing Body Letter details things that "have never been done before." - Really?

by cappytan 44 Replies latest jw friends

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Yep, in the case of WT (or any liar for that matter) the devil is in the detail. Either too much or not enough.

Wt ticks both boxes, they provide unnecessary, superfluous details and leave out any solid proof.

• Spiral
    Spiral

What?!?! Tattoos don't just wash off?

The sad thing is, a lot of JWs will notice this flawed detail, but they'll say NOTHING.

I know several JWs that have recently gotten tattoos (discretely), this will certainly cause them stress if they read it. I believe tattoo removal is expensive as well.

And, turning into an evangelical mega tv church is nothing new.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Consider: A married couple became disillusioned with religion because of the hypocrisy they had observed.

How ironic. That's exactly why I left this religion: because of the hypocrisy that I observed!

Let's review: It's a cult!

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

"They had removed their tattoos"

I'm calling bullshit on this "experience"!

-

Note that it says "tattoos" as in plural, more than one. Do the math. Here is some information from a medical clinic which removes tattoos. It has some info to help with the calculations:

Infinity Med Spa Can Permanently Remove Your Unwanted Tattoo

What does tattoo removal cost?

We charge $49 per square inch with a $98 minimum cost per treatment.

How many treatments will I need?

The number of treatments depends entirely on the size of the tattoo as well as the ink used for the tattoo. Most patients need between 5 to 12 treatments to remove their tattoos (results may vary).

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

A single small to average tattoo is about 6 square inches. That's $350 x 5 to 12 treatments = $1,750 - 4,200 US per tattoo. This, no doubt made up, "experience" claims this couple had more than one tattoo, at least two, probably more.

What kind of moron would spend many thousands of dollars getting their ink removed after just reading some random religious website? In fact, let's read what is actually said about tattoo removal on jw.org:

"The Bible mentions tattoos just once, at Leviticus 19:28, which says: “You must not put tattoo marking upon yourselves. ... Tattoos can be costly and painful to remove." - What Does the Bible Say About Tattoos?

So in the Bible, in the Old Testament's Mosaic legal code which Christians are not even obligated to keep (Romans 10:4), there is one single, solitary sentence which says the Israelites should not get tattoos. Nowhere does it say that people today, nearly 4,000 years later, should remove them after perusing a website.

This is just too fucking stupid to believe. Never happened!

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

The prophet Isaiah humbly acknowledged that any success and prosperity that the Kingdom of Judah enjoyed was due only to the blessing of Jehovah. As we read at Isaiah 26:12, he declared: “O Jehovah, . . . everything we have done you have accomplished for us.” Reflecting on all that has been accomplished during the past service year causes us to make a similar admission.Jehovah is truly doing “wonderful things that have never been done” before! (Ex. 34:10) Just think of some of the blessings that we have received from his hand.

From this reasoning, shouldn't any success and prosperity enjoyed by organizations from Apple, Inc to Muslim extremists to Trump's presidential campaign be credited to Jehovah?

Compared to the accomplishments of all non-WT organizations, that list given by the GB is pathetically small. The Bronze Age desert god is struggling to keep up with the times.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim
    I know of people who had their tattoos removed. They tell me it's a very painful experience. Not really cheap either.
  • Perry
    Perry

Well put.

I don't really understand why doing things "never done before" would attract the faithful. God made it clear that:

though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed. Gal. 1: 8

The Watchtower has been doing things, and teaching things "never before done" since its inception. The gospel of:

1. Jesus not being your Mediator

2. Only the 144K Jews in Revelation are justified

3. The blood covenant isn't for "whosoever will"

.... are all things "never before done".

What's so cool about being cursed by the Author of Life?

• sparky1
    sparky1

"Shit...........the sooner I get rid of these tattoo's, the sooner I can get baptized!

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut
    I have to question the mental stability and the decision making skills of anyone who would go to the expense and pain of having tattoo's lasered off, based on something they read on a religious website without ever actually talking to anyone from the religion. I call B.S. on this whole story....nothing but an anecdote to tickle the ears of the flock and to keep them going down the garden path.
  • Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

A lot of people get tattoos because of a ''life event''. Someone dear to them has passed-on and they get that person's name tattooed on the arm, wrist.

Sometimes it's just a personal choice, but why go through the pain and trouble just because someone suggested it?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit