Did Freddy Franz receive secret instructions from a Jewish aquaintance?

by truthseeker 15 Replies latest jw friends

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

I recently met a sister who told me she heard of a story that the late President of the Watchtower Society, Mr. Freddy Franz, received secret instructions on how to direct the organization from a Jewish acquaintance.

Is this a conspiracy theory or could there be some truth to it?

Truthseeker

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse
    How does this make sense? How can it be a theory when there is no information whatsoever.
  • truthseeker
    truthseeker
    That's why I posted the topic.
  • truthseeker
    truthseeker
    I know it seems outrageous, but look at all the changes that have happened recently. If I had advance knowledge of all the changes Watchtower made from 2005 onwards and posted it on the forum, I would have been labelled a conspiracy theorist. We seem to accept all the weird changes in stride now, because we're so used to them changing things.
  • truthseeker
    truthseeker

OK, I found an old link..

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/207251/whats-going-on-100-henry-street?page=1

"Fred Franz played a big role as the "oracle" of the Society. " But he became a figure head to conceal that the real directing influence of the WT Society was outside of the Society. A big 6'2" Jewish man has gone everywhere with Fred Franz as his guide these last few decades. This man, Natheer Salih, was needed because Fred became blind. However, for many years people at Bethel found that Salih was more like a bodyguard. Indeed, he was more than a bodyguard, for any communication to Franz has been going through Salih, who then returns with the "answer" from Franz. This Jewish man with obvious rich tastes, big expensive rings and watches, has become the President's mouthpiece, and in effect a decision-maker although he isn't part of theGoverning Body.29 Salih was in a position to protect against an old man saying the wrong thing."

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/243241/who-really-faithful-discreet-natheer-salih?page=1

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

Birdie, are you reading this?

Orphan Crow is one of the most dedicated researcher on the topic of the JW out there. Send her a PM asking this question. Maybe she can shed some light. I just know I have not hard of this one before, and I have been researching regularly for quite some time.

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee
    I always thought it a bit odd that there were frequent references to the Jewish calendar, and that the WT used CE and BCE, which are used in Jewish literature and modern Israel.
  • compound complex
    compound complex

I met the Jewish man in question. He gave our Memorial talk years ago.

Unless there are two men by that name, the description above doesn't match, in the least, the brother I know. However, I cannot vouch for his past relationship with FF.

CC

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

No he was all corrupt on his own and self acknowledged himself as academically trained bible scholar , he wasn't .

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Would that have made Franz a closet Zionist?

'Cause (according to Barb Anderson) he was definitely a closet Millerite.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit