AGM - Are they now teaching predestination?

by Doubting Bro 19 Replies latest jw friends

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

Another AGM thought. In Tight Pants Tony's part, he mentioned several times that Jehovah draws those he chooses and only those rightly disposed would come in. And individuals that liked the literature but made no progress towards becoming JW were a "waste of time".

Was he setting the stage for them introducing the thought of predestination? Before, they were against it saying that individuals acted on "accurate knowledge" and that individual JWs teaching abilities were directly linked to whether a person would accept JWism and that you could be "bloodguilty" if you didn't put forth enough effort in preaching.

Now, its really whether the person has been chosen by God to become a JW and has nothing to do with seeking out "sheep".

This could be a first step in a change to how they evangelize. They could easily keep the carts but discontinue the door to door which would be another way to cut down on literature printing needs.

What do you think? At the same time, drop the annual report then discontinue reporting time. Of course, the only reason they ask for a time count is to measure how committed a person is to the cult so they likely wouldn't do that.

Just struck me as different as I guess.

• pixel
    pixel

If this is true, they are after some crazy ideas.

• sir82
    sir82

They talk out of both sides of their mouth on this, as they do with lots of other topics.

On the one hand, "Jehovah draws people to him". On the other hand, "you are bloodguilty if you don't tell others".

It's nothing new, he just presented only one side of their contradictory doctrine.

• Londo111
    Londo111

You are right...if only certain people are drawn and not others, then it is not a matter of freewill.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

They talk out of their big fat culty ass and will say whatever suits their current agenda.

• waton
    waton

JWs report free slave time because that is the only charitable works the society can show .

People with a certain rior mindset would be receptive to become witnesses, it is not predestined. H2H work on saturday, Sundays anois people enogh, and stresses the preachers to weed out weaklings.

The cliques in the congregations really despise the "other" ones that "Jehovah" is supposed to have chosen.

• Listener
    Listener

It doesn't explain why a large percentage of JWs are born into the religion or why whole families are in.

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

And next they will be talking about alien abductions. Personally I can't care less, maybe if I want to be amused at the crap they come up with and at the people who love following it.

• floridaborn
    floridaborn

I remember we kept going back because we never knew when an event in a persons life would make them receptive to the message. Guess unresponsive ones are out of luck now!

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

If predestination reduces expenses, they're all for it.

Praise Jah!!!

But in reality, I believe this is true:

They talk out of both sides of their mouth on this, as they do with lots of other topics. -sir82

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit