Another Gem of a conversation with my PIMI Dad

by joe134cd 11 Replies latest jw experiences

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

The following is a conversation I had with my PIMI father regarding a news segment on tv dealing with CSA.

Joe: That’s terrible the incidences of CSA happening in the community.

Dad: yes it is.

Joe: I think there has to be more accountability for how these organisations choose to behave.

Dad: Yes I agree.

Joe: I have heard in America that Attorneys, are now not only suing the religious and secular institutions but also their pastors and employees who followed and implemented their advise. It would certainly want to make you think twice about been in a position of responsibility with these groups.

Dad : Well Satan is in control of this world, and if you play with fire then expect to be burnt.

Joe: Dad, I couldn’t agree more with what you have said and I hope with all the legal cases it bankrupts them. You are absolutely correct.

Conversation ends.

• Chezdale
    Chezdale

Hoping that your dad “clicked”. Had a conversation recently along the same lines with a PIMI friend at work. He was bagging all the other non JW groups and how bad they are.

There is such a bigoted attitude and view with most MSs and Es.

It is an “us and them” thing, they ordinary publisher truly does feel / think / live that way. Everything revolves around themselves and their religion. Think about the midweek meeting just past ... enforcing the persecution narrative.

look up the word “bigot”

when the “pandemic” arose early 2020, I said to him that it would be a great equaliser.

He said “ yea it’ll sort out some of those brothers that aren’t performing”

His world view could not see past the “brotherhood”

what I meant at the time was that the stuff happening now - Fake elections, Fear based fake Pandemic, problems with China and Facinating UFO fakery maybe/maybe not.... is NOT all about them and WT.

This is all about we as humans individually. Maybe by you dad’s silence one of his Blinkers fell off. (Forgive me if I compared him to a horse!)

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

It took me a minute to figure out what CSA is. I think posters should stop using abbreviations and just spell out what they are talking about. Not everyone knows what you mean.

• FatFreek 2005
  • Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

AAMOF, the WTBTS has long promoted a policy of CYA for CSA.

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

Because of Watchtower Doublethink, I am afraid it just won't click with your father. The Watchtower is a master at talking its way out of a painted corner.

• Rocketman123
    Rocketman123

Joe: That’s terrible the incidences of CSA happening in the community.

Just to clarify what is CSA ?

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

CSA = Child Sexual Assault

• Rocketman123
    Rocketman123

Ironic is it not that the JWS religion has been covering up incidences of CSA just like other religious institutions such as the Catholics.

One thing to note is that the Catholics at least have taken assertive steps to make sure these incidences don't reoccur while the JWS have done little, except enforced to by outside public law regulations.

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

I had a conversation with my dad who’s in. He understood that the WT is facing, and will face, financial repercussion for the way they handled abuse. He doesn’t stand behind the WT for this type of mishandling that he’s seen, and, to some extent, participated in. He knows that the victims suing the WT are doing it for a just cause and that they (the victims) deserve to win. The only thing though is that he was afraid that this could mean the end of his religion.

I told him that even if the WT lost all of its assets, including kingdom halls and assemblies, this would not translate to the end of the religion. The members would still be able to connect (through teams, in parcs, in community centers, etc), share their beliefs and live their faith. With time, they would be able to start new, build new halls, new bethels and go on. Financial penalties imposed on a corporation are not the same as straight up persecution as it is the case, for instance, with Russia. The religion, the belief system is not banned, but specific organizational policies are no longer accepted. These financial restitutions can and has resulted in change within the internal policies of the organization and we’d only assume that they would fix this thing if they are starting from scratch. But it wouldn’t be the end of the religion.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit