Have you heard of a Jehovah's Witness on federal SSDI disability Pioneering ? How common is this ?

by BottleGate_ 17 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• DomineIvimus-DI
    DomineIvimus-DI

Yes, one elder’s wife had the cheek to tell me one day that I was effectively paying her water bill. Just what you need to hear when you are struggling to make ends meet and paying your taxes

• tiki
    tiki

Yes...it was "making wise use of unrighteous riches".

Borderline criminal I always thought. If you can hustle your arse door to door you can get a job and support yourself. In fact, having a job is simpler in many ways....you go to the same place and do basically the same thing daily. That field service thing...unknown day by day where you go and what you have to deal with.....I'm talking back in the day when they really did give sermons, try to relly spend 100 hours a month meaningfully.... Anyhow....there were way too many that had absolutely no work ethic and wanted a free ride. And the hate the old world...world passing away and so is its desire thing only served to shore up their self centered laziness.

• BottleGate_
    BottleGate_

I do think many active JWs are mentally disabled . Fit only to stumble about babbling cult nonsense .

https://media2.giphy.com/media/xUPGcnmgm3aNOpY6Gc/giphy.gif?cid=790b76117dac915ac7801929e4ffacb2f00d6ce421385c31&rid=giphy.gif

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

TIKI:

“Wanted a free ride”: ..That was the phrase I used back in the day when I was in the JW religion to describe people there who wanted to spend all their time in the ministry knocking on doors and going on coffee breaks.

Some of them would have rather DIED than work at a full time job like I did..and I had some sister say that to me in so many words!

Yes, this was the mentality in the Jehovah’s Witness religion!..Meanwhile, I felt that the ONLY people who could afford to pioneer were retirees and/or students living home who pioneered on summer vacation. Everybody else belonged in the workforce! But...they REFUSED to be in the workforce and just pioneered and didn’t think about old age or their future. Those that DID work did menial crap jobs here and there.

Over time I saw that certain women started to have all sorts of health and mental issues. They ended up (you guessed it) on disability!

In this mess of a religion, surrounded by people who criticized me or thought I was a fool - I kept my full time job until retirement. I had started my ‘fade’ some years before.

Now that I’m out, I hear about JWs who worked crappy part time jobs and pioneered and cannot retire because they paid little into social security..They are in a panic and people in congregations are hit up to give money to them and the bethelites who got kicked out.

After how I was treated in the religion..I would never give money to any of these people..Isn’t it ironic that now it’s MY turn to run from THEM.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I don't know the American system, but in the U K , when an elder ,we would not permit a dub to Regular Pioneer if he was on Unemployment Benefit because he had to sign that he was actively looking for work.

In the case of disability benefit they put you through the hoop before they grant the benefit. Personally I cant see how an honest claimant could cope with the physical life of a Pioneer.

• DwainBowman
    DwainBowman

Disability, is not Welfare!

I have known many that pioneered while on disability. Most were legit.

I was in a cong for a short time, where if you were working full time, the body pushed you to quit full time work, and take part time, and sign up for food stamps and other welfare programs. If you didn't, do so and pioneer, they would not even call on you in meetings!! This cong, had 70 publisher, with 40 of them pioneering!!!!

• Magnum
    Magnum

Have known several. One was an older male partaker. Claimed blindness and got disability, yet he owned a backhoe and could thread a needle with it. He had a plumbing license and while on disability did the plumbing for a huge condo job for a fellow JW who was the general contractor. The contractor called an elder and was concerned because the "blind" JW plumber was asking him to make his checks out to his daughter (so he wouldn't get caught working).

Another is one of those who never wanted to work and finally somehow got full disability. A couple of years ago (he was already on disability at the time), I video-recorded him outside of Home Depot loading 80lb bags of concrete in his van to go do a job (he liked to do one or two jobs a month, charge an exorbitant price, and not work the rest of the time). He's a chronic moocher.

Another one was my pioneer partner for a couple of years. Don't know why he was on disability. I never observed anything that would justify such. He walked door-to-door, etc. with no problems. If he could do what all I saw him doing, he could have done some kind of work.

• under the radar
    under the radar

I would have no problem at all turning in the moochers who cheat the system. Especially if I had proof.

If any of you know of such cases and have proof but don't want to pull the trigger yourself, PM me. I'll report them myself and let the chips fall where they may. Again, this only applies if you have proof like the video of the leech loading bags of concrete or written evidence that the cheater wanted his checks made out to his daughter.

Scumbags! I hope they all get what's coming to them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit