Update: Got my Judicial Committee cancelled

by Sanchy 22 Replies latest jw friends

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

You had them by the balls when you quoted their own manual back at them. Checkmate. What else could they do?

Unfortunately, those who've never researched enough to obtain a copy of said book would have fallen into their trap.
    Well done you.

• Giordano
    Giordano

Sanchy very impressive result! Great job sticking to the letter of their law.

"I asked them again: Shouldn't they have "admonished me once and twice BEFORE proceeding to a JC, as per the instruction in their elder manual?"

It would be great if you could post any additional 'legal' requirements the Elders have to follow to be able to call a judicial.

Id like to make a copy and always have it on hand when someone comes on this forum upset and depressed about being DF and losing their family and friends.

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries
    It would be great if you could post any additional 'legal' requirements the Elders have to follow to be able to call a judicial.

Just download the "sheepherd the flock" book :)

• westiebilly11
    westiebilly11

You regretted posting it on fb....etc etc...so you betrayed yourself and played by their rules..but..you may yet have trouble in store as you quoted their own rule book to them.. and in effect, gave them counsel/reproof..... This book is not for your eyes and they will now know you have ventured into forbidden fruit territory. Naughty! you will face a jc....sooner rather than later. yep, the wolves are circling, but you have fed them!

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

So now, instead of posting CoC on FB, why not post the "elders" book instead?

hehe

• All or nothing
    All or nothing

I'm surprised they didn't ask for your flock book back...

• laverite
    laverite

When you post on Facebook, you can restrict the audience, and you can exclude specific people, or post only to a certain group of people of your choosing. Would this be helpful in any way for future posts should you decide to make them?

Good that you wrote the letter -- it was in writing, which probably helped a lot. The Organization™ is very legalistic, and it seems you called them out on not following procedure. It seems that they had to default to their rules. But it's rather interesting that a CoC post didn't lead to anything else. You got lucky. Not everything has to be admonished a couple of times before proceeding to JC. Please correct me if I am wrong.

I mean, there were at least two witnesses. You had committed an "apostate" act (vomit) by your post. Not everything needs to be admonished a couple of times before a judicial committee, right? For example, when Brother X and Brother Y, two closeted gay pioneers, fall in love and start an affair, the elders do not need to admonish them to stop their affair over and over ("Brother X, please stop falling face first on to Brother Y's erect penis. We warned you about this before, you know. Keep doing this, and we're going to have to go all JC on you...").

My guess is that you have a friend of two on the BOE. Well done. :)

• ZAPPA-ESQUE
    ZAPPA-ESQUE

The Elders book came into the public "domain" at the ARC - so it is actually available to all ! And you discovered it while reading the Transcripts of the ARC [which are available on the internet ] ....................not so ? !

• nugget
    nugget

I am glad you were successful. However be careful what personal information you post as this is a public forum and I am sure that this thread would be seen as a breach.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

The admonishment info in the flock book is available in WT's. Its not a secret. A little research in the WT library would have found the principals its based on. Turning the rules back at them is always brilliant, congrats Sanchy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit