Oi Admin

by Landy 13 Replies latest forum tech-support

• Landy
    Landy

Is it possible to tweak the software to allow a sensible way of quoting another user's post?

When you're using a tablet or phone it's almost impossible to copy and paste - especially when your fingers are as fat and clumsy as mine.

okpleasethankewe :)

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

OI ADMIN !

ha ha--right.

are you in the UK Landy ?

• rebelfighter
    rebelfighter

Landy,

I agree 100%, these fat fingers do not work on these phones!

• Landy
    Landy

@ stan

sorry, can't quote you but yes I am ;)

• stan livedeath
  • Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Ha ha ha!!!

Are you a Londoner by any chance??!!

Oi Admin!! Any chance we can use search facility on a phone or tablet Simon? I cannot use it on a Kindle, I phone or my Android LG. Are there any phones it can be used on BTW everyone?

Hey Landy...you haven't met Simon yet, have you!!!! Oh boy he's gonna eat us for breakfast now!!!!

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath
    when i read Oi Admin---i just knew it had to be a brit----like on Eastenders--Oi Geezer--when attempting to get the attention of the barman.
  • konceptual99
    konceptual99

I love you Kate but sometimes I really struggle to understand your point...

• Simon
    Simon

I do want to improve the quoting. Two parts to it:

Allow highlighting of a users post content and as you do, make it into a post in the reply box i.e. no direct copy / paste required (although some 'quote' button may be needed in practice)

Attribute the quote to the author with their name and avatar (probably in the bottom right of the quote or as a mouse-over) with a link back to the original post for reference.

Right now though, it's not super-high priority so don't be expecting it in the next few weeks!

• Landy
    Landy

Right now though, it's not super-high priority so don't be expecting it in the next few weeks!

Slacker!

;)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit