Do Jehovah's Witnesses shun non-believers and those who leave the faith?

by Vanderhoven7 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim
    • ''In my case when I was DF'd the then P.O. inserted a "special" part during the then "service meeting". During those several minutes he pontificated how when a person is DF'd it is the same as when an Israelite would be stoned to death. If they were stoned to death no one could see them any longer, so a modern day DF'd person should also be considered invisible. Do not even look at that person. Sorry illegitimate son of a female dog!''

Forgot to mention earlier.

But to relate something, I've been informed by people who were DF'd and came back, they told me that if it weren't for the laws of the law, that the DF'd person would be put to death. Whether they were DF'd prematurely, wrongly, or whatever.

Only the laws of the land would protect the DF'd victim from a certain death penalty.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

VANDERHOVEN7:

Do they ever!..And with a vengeance too.

I don’t think anybody is hated more by JWs than somebody who doesn’t want their awful religion anymore.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

If you have a reason to keep the lines of communication open it is not too difficult to do the slow fade. At least in my case , the elders could not have cared less.

Admittedly it should not be necessary. One ought to be able to leave , even join another church if you want to without censure, but it is not impossible to escape. I accept that I make compromises but this is to continue living with a devout JW wife. However I am lucky that she is not your textbook Witness and tolerates me as I am . Actually we get on better than we ever did in the days when I served the Borg .

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

They have made the claim it is like shunning a traitor to your country. Except some of our traitors are simply questioning the government or disclosing dirt. That depends on your political leaning.

The other illustration I hated was a freezing person. Quote: "you slap him and yell to wake him up". In reality hypothermia treatment consists of engulfing a person in warmth.

• Overrated
    Overrated
    Do they shun? You bet! Both "Soft Shunning " and just out right rudeness. But that's ok. I'm living the "best life ever" without their bull. Who needs them? They are acting so high school. They have nothing to offer to my life. No great lost.
  • punkofnice
    punkofnice
    Why would Jehovah's Witnesses be required to shun members who disassociate themselves?

Because the shunned one can open the eyes of the Jobots. This in turn will mean less money, assets and power for the Governing Body(tm) (Pees be upon them)..

It's a draconian business practice that they pretend comes from the Bible.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

The greatest revenge is living a happy & successful life!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit