Hidden Spaces

by mann377 27 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• mann377
    mann377

Well my son (he's PIMI) came to me the other day and asked if I could make a bookcase with hidden spaces built into it. I asked him what for? He said that they were encouraged to start thinking of and preparing for persecution and hide literature. WHAT? I asked who has been telling him about this. He said since the Russia situation the word from the Society is to prepare for it to come here soon (he's an elder). I told my wife (she's PIMI) about this and she confirmed what he said. Has anyone else heard this is going around from the Society misinformation, fear mongering?

• Biahi
    Biahi

Yes, another round of fear mongering. What happens when they are stashing “old light” in their hidden spaces?

• stillin
    stillin

It would be easier to hide a little flash drive. Besides, they aren't printing much these days. Doesn't he get the hint? If there is anything of any value at all, it should be in his heart, not a hidden storage space.

Tell him Stillin said that.

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

If he 'hides' some wt shit now, it may be worth something in about 80-100 years on eBay just like some of the wt shit from the early 1900"s is now.

just saying!

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

My very elderly relative living in a home is worrying about the same issue. She is vulnerable, obedient, an absolute believer and in a state of anxiety having been admonished to "hide your spiritual food".

Fear mongering, disgraceful.

• blondie
    blondie

I wonder what will be the first choice of publications to stash, the bible? I think not.

• silas hobbs
    silas hobbs

I remember when I first started studying in the mid 70's and we were advised to hide literature in some way around the house to prepare for the same thing. Just more re-cycled crap manipulation.

• Biahi
    Biahi

Blonde, you know no one can understand the Bible properly without WT publications. (Sarcasm here)

• blondie
    blondie

I agree, Biahi; I was using a little sarcasm/irony.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

Fear mongering works well. You should see our JW family deal with the "evil world." They can't! They are scared of everyone!! Sad!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit