gb leadership

by johnna colins 12 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• johnna colins
    johnna colins
    Who are leading the governing body? Who is in charge of them? I don't mean the shareholders. It seems more like they are puppets on a string to some degree. We can all see that Tony Morris is definitely calling some shots. And I guess Geoffrey Jackson when he so decisively said no that that two witness rule would not change. But power has considerably changed from when Fred Franz or Knorr were president.
  • jookbeard
    jookbeard
    Goldman Sachs must pulling a lot of strings, maybe a few other faceless groups have been advising them with their property deals and business model , for years they wouldn't budge of how ineffective and expensive their so called free labour was, and look what has happened over the last few years? wholesale lay offs and a massive property sell off, they would have still been stuck in the Knorr'esq time warp had they not been advised to change.
  • sir82
    sir82

Among themselves, my best guess is that Morris views himself as "the boss" and the others either don't care or just find it easier to let him think so.

Of course, among themselves, they're pretty much only in charge of what next week's definition of "generation" is, or what other flip-flop they'd like to have printed.

For real stuff, stuff that affects the financial health of the organization or policy matters that affect people's lives, that is pretty clearly directed by someone other than the Bumbling Seven. Those guys couldn't run a lemonade stand.

It's likely partly lawyers who call the shots, partly accountants, and partly some outside advisers brought in by the lawyers and/or accountants to set some semblance of a coherent business plan.

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?
    Hail hydra!
  • freemindfade
    freemindfade
    They use the GB board of directors to not have the standard cult mo of a charismatic leader. But cults have to have a charismatic leader and the jws do have one, he's just imaginary. Yep Jehovah is the charismatic cult leader. Just like north koreans still worship the supreme leader even though he has died he is used as the head of the cult. So the gb do as they like and pin it on the "leader" the big J.
  • eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

Oh my goodness, you mean to tell me that "Holy Spirit" isn't leading them? Well this changes everything!

just saying!

eyeuse2badub

• Phizzy
    Phizzy
    Sir 82 wrote " For real stuff, stuff that affects the financial health of the organization or policy matters that affect people's lives, that is pretty clearly directed by someone other than the Bumbling Seven. Those guys couldn't run a lemonade stand.

It's likely partly lawyers who call the shots, partly accountants, and partly some outside advisers brought in by the lawyers and/or accountants to set some semblance of a coherent business plan."

I agree 100%, that is simply how it is. No Holy Spirit anywhere to be discerned.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

According to anecdotal evidence, there is a (non-GB) "board of directors" on the corporate side of the WT.

OrphanCrow's research has suggested who some of these men may be.

If anyone really is pulling the GB's strings, you'll probably find them there.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    I have to agree with vidiot. When the changes started happening a couple of years ago esspecially about money it makes it seem obvious to me.
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

I think they are pulling their own strings to keep the Watchtower Publishing company financially fluent.

Spin over old doctrines if need be, deceive people to how much wealth the WTS has,

and then proclaim its all because of Jehovah's loving guidance .

Wash, rinse and repeat.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit