Changes In Canada

by LetTheTruthBeKnown 48 Replies latest jw friends

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

There seems to be a near unanimous unwillingness among the faithful to say anything about what they are seeing happening right in front of their eyes. It's a very apparent downsizing of the organization. Shhhhhh if we don't say it out-loud or admit it, it may not be true! This organization no longer has a viable product to sell (magazines, books, bibles) any longer in this digital age. So they are running out of money! The burn rate on their funds will soon catch up and it will be a matter of going to a tithe per person. IMHO!

just saying!

• Steel
    Steel

It’s easier to fade in a large cong.

• newsheep
    newsheep

Two in Kitchener that we know of. We use to be in the Elmira congregation and moved to the hall that is empty in Lansdowne, Ontario. Lansdowne was no more than roughly twenty years old. It was built due to the Prescott congregation getting broken up due to a major pedophile problem in that hall. Some went to Lansdowne and some went to Brockville. The guys down here are pissed that they have to travel forty minutes to Brockville and some to Kingston which is even further. Elmira was also pissed. Some had to drive a half hour to Fergus, some to Listowel which is forty minutes away and some to Waterloo which is five minutes away. All the elders got to go to Waterloo, even those that were suppose to drive the farthest chose Waterloo because it was closer yet all their families were in that hall. Go figure.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

EYEUSE2BADUB:

Yes, it’s obvious the religion is downsizing and I’m sure not many JWs are admitting this out loud.

Talk of tithing has been in the back of people’s minds here as being inevitable. However, this might go over badly in view of their constant appeals for money and major sell-off of real estate.

But, if the trend of selling local halls keeps up where it’s too ridiculously far to drive - the only JWs who will be happy are PIMOs and would-be ‘faders’... Other Witnesses are going to be in a predicament:..those looking for friends and association and those looking for a$sistance.

I have a feeling the incredible shrinking religion is going to seriously disappoint a lot of JWs.

• asp59
    asp59

Remember back in the 90 s they wrote in magazin watchtower that quality in congregation was as Gold. Even refined gold 😁😁

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

Lttbk...

"Meadowlands (Ottawa) – Thorn in the side of the WT forever. It has now been taken care of. LOL."

Do tell us more about this.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

I wish they would start down sizing and selling off here in the local area. This might be just the recipe to wake a few of them up.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Canadians are rather polite from my experience. Even the homeless ones that festoon the road outside Kitchener City Hall.

Perhaps they didn't want to say.....

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

It's gotta have some kind of negative psychological effect on those jw's who contributed their cash, labor, and supplies to build "their" local kh or assembly hall and then see it sold off and not even a proper 'thank you"!

I'd be thinkin', "is god really that broke?"

just saying!

'

• The Big Machine
    The Big Machine

“There are really no Kingdom Halls to sell in Ottawa as they were sold years back to build the Assembly/Kingdom Hall building. They were offered 25 million for it years back. Not sure how much they can get for it now, as there is a lot of mold.”

I think that the Long Island hall in Barrhaven could be sold. Especially now that Meadowlands has been deleted. Long Island would be the only English congregation left in it. The Kingdom Hall isn’t that big and would be incapable of holding a congregation of 150 publishers. Also it’s in a pretty prime spot along Prince of Wales near the bridge connecting Barrhaven to Riverside South. They’d probably be able to sell it pretty quickly

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit