How much do you think GB enjoy their lives?

by elbib 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• elbib
    elbib

Many who have watched the GB know that they seem to be desperate to be admired, to be looked up to……. Now the question arises—do they really enjoy their lives? Does their superiority complex make them feel good?

A recent study published in the Journal of Social Cognitive and Affective Neuroscience tries to find an answer to this perplexing question by looking at two brain regions: medial prefrontal cortex and ventral striatum. While the medial prefrontal cortex is associated with self-referential thinking, the ventral striatum region is associated with feeling good. It was found that people who are in love with themselves have poor connectivity between both regions which means that although they are obsessed with themselves, internally they don't feel good and that is why they seek external admiration.

That means they are actually experiencing “weeping and gnashing” deep within themselves. (Mathew 24:48-51)

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

It would be assumable probability that they do.

Not only is the WTS looking after their personal welfare but traveling around the world and get treated like a celebrity is just the cherry on top.

How many men in their retirement age get to do that ?

I'm sure there's responsibility on their shoulders to a certain extent but hey they've always got the cash in the bank to spend where and when its deemed necessary.

This year they should be even happier when they pocket a billion $$$ or so selling off the remaining property holdings in Brooklyn New York.

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

They have lives that are enjoyable, but I suspect that they don't particularly enjoy it. I think they truly believe the BS they're selling, and that must be incredibly frustrating. The world just won't quite seem to bend to fit their view and they are therefore constantly in conflict with reality. That probably doesn't make for a good time

That said, if they really don't care and it's all about business for them, then I'm sure at least some of them enjoy it. They don't all seem to be quite as full of themselves as AMIII, so I'm not sure I could say that they're all "in love with themselves." If they can put aside the fact that their worldview doesn't mesh with reality and just enjoy having all their needs taken care of and being adored by millions, then they should be having a pretty good time.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard
    they love it, power is a massive part of their ego's , how many GB members have stepped down over the years? one.
  • punkofnice
    punkofnice
    I'd like to think they'll die in extreme pain and I can watch them as they do. However, I feel they enjoy thier abuse of others. I don't really put much store in studies in this and that.....the GB are abusers. They live a rock star life style.
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Do people entering the "nightmare stage" of the Wishful Thinking process typically enjoy it?
  • Wild_Thing
    Wild_Thing
    What's not to enjoy? They are more than rock stars to their members, they are almost Gods. They could order everyone to drink the purple Kool-Aid and most of them would do it.
  • TheListener
    TheListener
    They live the good life. If they are true believers they have no fear of death and in the meantime they are at the top of the heap and everyone listens to every word they say. The only downside could be if they are humble, which I don't actually think they are, they may be burdened with concern for the rank and file witnesses and the tough life most of them live.
  • sparrowdown
    sparrowdown
    The thing is they have no need to seek external admiration it comes to them automatically because of the position of power they occupy. And I'd say they are loving it.
  • xjwsrock
    xjwsrock

If you notice, they will remind you of their position during a talk (in case you missed it being announced as they took the stage). They will mention their international travels, how hard they work as a GB member, special experiences from people approaching them and pouring their heart out, yada yada.

Wouldn't it be nice if people would used their authority to make a positive difference instead of patting themselves on the back and pushing their agenda. But that's just not how it works usually.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit