A faded JW about to see the Circuit overseer

by pleaseresearch 38 Replies latest watchtower bible

• pleaseresearch
    pleaseresearch

So my mum who is in and really is finding it hard that I have left and faded. Shes asked me if I want to the the Circuit overseer next week.

I have never met him and this is more my mum wanting me to get my problems I have with the organisation out. But should I share everything I've learnt or what?

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Do NOT meet...DO NOT talk with him!

Why give power to someone who has no authority over you?

The conversation will only go one way....

• pleaseresearch
    pleaseresearch

I don't want this guy to have a reason to bring me in for a judicial meeting. I hope he wouldn't. As it stands I still see my mum and that's the only reason why I'm still on the books as a JW. But I don't go to meetings, I haven't for the past 4 years.

• JRK
    JRK

Nothing good can come from meeting with him.

JK

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

If you haven't gone for 4 years, you have made the break!

By getting involved in a meeting or discussion of any sort, you will be opening the floodgates and giving them reason to think they have power or authority over you again.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Your mom obviously wants to help solve your problems so that you return to the safety of the fold and escape Armageddon. What she probably doesn't realize is that she is setting you up for disfellowship and shunning long term. Explain the consequences of such a meeting to her and refuse to meet with anyone about your situation.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp
    DON'T DO IT!!! SAY NOTHING! PLEAD THE FIFTH!
  • dubstepped
    dubstepped
    Looks like your week just got busy, you came down with the flu, and depression is keeping you down. You have nothing to gain and everything to lose here. Make an excuse and do not meet with them. If you somehow find yourself in their presence, do not tip your hand or you'll be labeled an apostate and disfellowshipped. Run from this "opportunity".
  • Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Faded means you give them power when you meet with him. He will have another elder on hand just in case you confess, trust me. Don't do it. Have something come up and miss the meeting. You know how it works, don't be in denial thinking they really have your interests in mind. Its all about "misery loves company!" DO NOT GO! Just say no!

NO!

• Dagney
    Dagney

Tell mom you've taken it to prayer with Jehovah, and it is between him and you. Have her know you appreciate and understand her concern, and just continue to reassure her everything will be fine. There is really no need to meet with the CO. Don't do it.

I never wanted to make my poor mom worry about me more than the WT would make her worry. They don't deserve it.

Good luck to you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit