What did NOT get you out?

by problemaddict 2 45 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• smiddy
    smiddy

What did not get me out ?

Things that should have.

In the first year of my conversion ,hanky panky going on with a married bro and a pioneer sister.

Not long after in another congregation voting was taking place to change the Sunday meeting times to a morning or afternoon this went on for succesive weeks until the PO got the result he wanted and that was it.

Questionable business dealings between self employed Elders and brothers.

The lead up to 1975 and the denial of the GB they were anyway responsible .

• tor1500
    tor1500

@problemaddic,

Sad to say I was a thinker before I became a witness. What I have observed is that everyone thinks their religion is right because they don't do what God approves of. Only we do. I went to the internet while I was studying and found out JWs are as messed up as anyone else but they just don't know it. I continued this journey to see what's it all about. Now I'm baptized, I see what goes on in the inside. There is no love for nobody or anything that isn't stamped JW.

The lack of charity is just one aspect. I didn't need the internet to let me know that. If you have a heart a person will observe the org. does not.

Jws are narrowed minded. They like the sound of their own voice.

I think many on here wonder how I know ttatt, yet I'm still there. It's the friends. They are so needy and somehow I feel sorry for them. I'm the light in my hall. Friends always come to me for advice or encouragement. So that's my rub. But when I do help them. It's always with a scripture they never thought of. See meetings are stressed more than anything so the other Christian things to do, they can't or won't.

So you do understand correctly but I just added a little more.

Tor

• Skepsis
    Skepsis

I had already said in another post, I visited a ex-Jehovah's Witnesses forum in my native language that no longer exists and when I read all the hate and resentment against the WT, immediately stopped visiting that site. That was 3 or 4 years ago and it had the effect of making me more sceptical about so-called apostates.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    LongHairGal - "Getting criticized for a slit in a long skirt and having older sisters hint hint that I should wear a size larger to hide my 'curves'. I was a size 7-8. I was made to feel like I was an immoral temptress..."

Curves, huh?

Nice.

Any tattoos?

:smirk:

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal
    VIDIOT:

I wasn't Mae West, I was just a little gal who wanted to fit in. And, seriously, in an office I looked fine. But, not, apparently to the NitWits. Maybe it was the congregation I was with at the time. Mostly born-in families with most of the people nice. There were, however, a brother or two who were problematic. I think one was mental (45 y/o virgin type) who went around making trouble, even for guys whose hair got a little long.

It's a wonder I stayed in this religion as long as I did. I really tried to make it work until the 1995 teaching made it no longer possible to listen to another word!

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    LongHairGal - "...(45 y/o virgin types)..."

You could usually recognize those ones pretty quick; there was always something a little "off" about them... :smirk:

Proof positive, IMO, that celibacy (or at least the attempt at it) is NOT natural.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit