Dietary Quirks Among JWs

by millie210 49 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

MILLIE210:

Yes, I remember certain individuals with their dietary quirks.

People are entitled to their quirks just as long as they are not inflicting them on other people. I always felt that JWs had more dietary issues than other people and I couldn't help but feel it went hand-in-hand with their conscience issues. Again, nobody has any business inflicting these on others.

I could never understand all the sisters who wanted to have the COs for dinner except in the case of aspiring types who wanted their husband to be an elder and wanted the CO to put in a good word.

I would never have these COs in MY home...Not after them criticizing people with full time jobs! These COs could go eat in a fast food place and sleep in a flea bag motel.

• Closer to Fine
    Closer to Fine

Hi Millie - yes definite differences in how they view their own spirituality. The jws that refuse the drs are very suspicious of non jws. They keep themselves as separate as possible from satans world (however they accept $ from the government when they're able to qualify). They are self empIoyed and work from home, they home school and they have very little contact with non jws. They are the most judgmental and consider themselves quite holy. I'm not a jw so I don't have to worry about it, but others in the family don't dare let their guard down around them. They have turned family members into the elders in the past and no one trusts them.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3
    Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho

You get the picture ,LOL except his was more a beer barrel whereas this guy is just plain big.

• zeb
    zeb

slightly to a side. As I have said before its my observation that as a group jw are the unhealthiest of people.

• cofty
  • pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

We had a CO that wouldn't eat "foreign" food. Make of that what you will.

This is the same CO that said from the platform that JWs shouldnt go to pubs. The entire congregation thought he was crazy... except that one sister who agreed with him and her husband did too, he was trying to be an elder at the time.

• millie210
    millie210
    pale.emperor
    We had a CO that wouldn't eat "foreign" food. Make of that what you will.

Thats pretty funny. I guess it never dawned on him that anywhere you go the food from where you previously were is now "foreign" huh?

• millie210
    millie210
    LongHairGal

I could never understand all the sisters who wanted to have the COs for dinner except in the case of aspiring types who wanted their husband to be an elder and wanted the CO to put in a good word.

I wish I had been not so easily pressured in to having C.O.s over, I still remember the C.O.s wife who dug through my trash before lunch looking for the salad dressing seasoning packet I had used to make dressing with.

She wanted to find out if it contained msg or some such thing. I offered her lemon or vinegar and oil to dress her salad but no.......she had to root around in the trash.

I kid you not.

Good for you for skipping the whole thing!

• millie210
    millie210

Cofty your video reminds me of that saying "Many a truth is said in jest".

Very funny.

• millie210
    millie210

sparky1
    millie, I gave freddo a down vote on each of his posts because I considered them offensive and insensitive.

Thank you for stepping forward Sparky, I appreciate your telling me. When someone just hits dislike I am never sure what it even means so now I can understand where you are coming from.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit