Witnessing Work to Stop?

by Sea Breeze 32 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• jeremiah18:5-10
    jeremiah18:5-10

A couple of questions come to mind:

1) How did the JW's respond when the Spanish Flu was rampant 1918-19, infecting @500 million people? Did the preaching work stop?

2) If they put their money where their mouth is, why would they be afraid of death anyway? Isn't death a direct ticket to paradise? Not sure I understand why they comply with this but not with governmental orders not to preach in countries under ban...

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

Meetings and the door to door activities have been curtailed because of COVID-19 and nothing more.How would it look to have a Carload of JWs riding around in cars with masks on and showing up at peoples doors disregarding the quarantine and offending those who are worried about catching the disease?

If your father wanted to add a little drama just to scare you back into the meetings and count time on you, so be it . No level headed Jehovah’s Witness that I know of is claiming anything because deep down they know the whole thing is a hoax and they don’t want to eat their words once again . They know by their own standards they’d never make it themselves if the big A came now.

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

It’s just COVID 19. They'll be back to the usual after it is over, though I wouldn’t be surprised if it is a year or more.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit