The Craziness of JW's.

by Overrated 15 Replies latest jw friends

• Overrated
    Overrated

Longhairgal- Well Said! Where are these " Pioneers " now who looked down at us for working and doing stuff. Let them look for charity elsewhere. I did my time!

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

OVERRATED:

I had heard of some younger pioneer couples from back in the day who at some point got out of the cleaning business and into something more lucrative and less physically demanding. I also heard of other couples who had one or both who ended up getting a job in an office because they needed medical coverage.

I would imagine that these people were able to retire at least!

However, other pioneers from back then who lived on the edge, preferred to be in full time ministry and did NOT prepare for their Retirement are probably in a bad situation today. They should be begging brothers with businesses for jobs (along with the fired bethelites)...If I KNEW of a job I would tell them..But, a courtesy like this would be the extent of my help.

I would imagine that JWs who made unforgivable remarks about people in congregations who worked a secular job full time like I did..have eaten their words since they have seen just what it takes to live in the Real world.

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

I always thought the JWs would be better off if they followed the Mormon pattern: had people pioneer for two years when young and then get real jobs so they could donate back to the organization.

They really can't think farther than the end of their sleeves, can they?

• waton
    waton
    They really can't think farther than the end of their sleeves, can they

GT: it is not the sleeve, but the short stick that wt is dangling the carrot of paradise on, "soon, just around the corner, in this generation, this century," 2075. To be fair there were cheerful givers among the jws:

One offered to me ( without being asked at all ): if you have issues with your car: take it to a garage, tell them to send me the bill" same generous soul with a then circuit overseer ( not a nice person bsw):

taking him to a car dealership and telling him to select a unit from the used car lot. -- when him coming into the sales office with his choice, --- the benefactor had purchased a new car for "the circuit" instead. These were the days when a Volkswagen was ~ 2000, a basic Chevy not that much more;

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    GrreatTeacher - "I always thought the JWs would be better off if they followed the Mormon pattern: had people pioneer for two years when young and then get real jobs so they could donate back to the organization..."

Hell, they probably didn't do it that way because the Mormons did it.

If Babylon the Great said "zig", the WTS would zag, because fuck you, that's why.

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

And these people always wanted top mechanical work for cheap.

Oh heck yeah! I was and am the sort of person who if something does not work or is broke I do my best to find out why. What is it supposed to do or not do? Then find out how to make it do or not do what it should. An eldurr in the congregation where I live had some issues with a vehicle. He knew I had done the same exact repair on my vehicle, so asked if I would do the work on his. Feeling generous I said I would. A $2,000.00 repair job IF the dealer had done it cost him less than $200.00 for parts. At least I got a "Thank you until you're better paid," and the expectation that I was now his "go to" mechanic for free work, even to the point of having to pay for his repair parts.

I put an end to that, in what was perhaps a less than kind way. I would "troubleshoot" his vehicle, suggest a repair that for some odd reason never fixed the issue, then conveniently be out of town so he had to take it to the dealer if he wanted to drive anywhere.

Now my regular answer when he wonders what might be wrong with his vehicle is that I don't kNOw, heavy on the NO part.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit