Why do trolls do what they do?

by Londo111 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Londo111
    Londo111

I truly don't understand the mindset of a troll. I know it's been explained, but I still don't get it.

It is hard to distinguish between a troll and a JW apologist at times because the reactions are very similar. How can one tell the difference?

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

My gaug is if the poster keeps going round and round sucking time and energy, being given answers, and still keeps it going in a futile loop of neverending bullshit reponses masked as "but what about" questions then they're probably doing so for purposes other than genuine curiousity.

• sir82
    sir82

Some are merely narcissists.

That seems to be a thing in the USA now.

• Magwitch
    Magwitch

They must be so desperate for any kind of connection with people. It is really sad to think of any member of society so in need of just a little human attention (even if it is negative)

• freddo
    freddo

Yup Magwitch - I think it's largely attention-seeking.

• millie210
    millie210

They are the same people that in Kindergarten were pulling hair and running around the room during quiet time

• Spoletta
    Spoletta

It allows them to say things that they think, without the danger of being ostracized for having socially unacceptable views.

• Londo111
    Londo111

I'm wondering who is hitting dislike? Did I step on someone's toes?

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

It's either someone on the GB or someone they've instructed to post BS here - that's my theory.

• tepidpoultry
    tepidpoultry

Watch out for this guy!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit