Worse than the maggots apparently...

by NoviceLocs14 12 Replies latest jw experiences

• NoviceLocs14
    NoviceLocs14

So after a couple of years, I've finally re-established contact with a close relative (not revealing too much for privacy reasons). It turns out that he is DFd (for the typical JW reasons, of course). We caught up about a lot of things, including family. He actually has very limited contact with my immediate JW family despite formally being out of the org.

Anyway, he later told me she told another close JW relative that he had been in touch with me, and I was doing well. The relative told him to be careful talking with me because I was a "dangerous aPAWstate" for disassociating.

So basically people who decide that the truth is a lie are worse than people who are kicked out for breaking their rules...

I still don't regret leaving this cult, but the hypocrisy of it all kind of pisses me off.

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor
    My mother and sisters warned my non-JW brother to be careful talking to me because i was an apostate. Dont know why he needed to be careful because he's not even a JW. It's almost as if leaving the Watchtower contaminates us with a filthy disease that can be caught by only speaking to us.
  • mrmagic
    mrmagic

JW's routinely call non-JW'swho they meet in the public cart witnessing "Apostates" for asking about the Australian Royal Commission. JW culture is changing from the old definition of "apostate" being someone who once was a JW to now anyone who questions them.

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

And why exactly does someone need to be careful?

What weak truth they must have that it must be protected so closely from criticism and scrutiny. Real solid truth will always weather any storms brought on by opposing views.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

I agree with redvip2000 response above.

• Cold Steel
    Cold Steel
    Mrmagic ยป JW's routinely call non-JW'swho they meet in the public cart witnessing "Apostates" for asking about the Australian Royal Commission. JW culture is changing from the old definition of "apostate" being someone who once was a JW to now anyone who questions them.

Yep. An apostate is one who has the truth, then leaves it. The JW war on education is paying off.

• mentalclarity
    mentalclarity

Yeah I've had that happen to me too. My ex and I are both out for many years but many active witnesses are still in contact with him because they figured he left because he was morally "weak". In other words, he still believes, but he can't live up to the standards,

I, on the other hand, am not considered morally weak - but I'm considered the WORST because I don't believe it's the "truth". I've gotten emails about how horrible I am and the cold shoulder from almost all my old jw friends and a few of my family.

We are more of a threat obviously to their bubble. Any criticism of the organization puts the blame on them. Moral weakness places the blame on you.

• Chook
    Chook

Maggots were used in war to clean wounds, so the moral of the story is we as maggots clean the Jw diseased parts.

• possum
    possum

Chook, There is no healthy viable, living flesh on the WT. By the time maggots have finished cleaning WT it will just be bare bones /closed for business.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Cool, they're fraid of us.๐Ÿ˜†

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit