Were JWs Right That There Would Be A Time When Governments Would Go After All Religion?

by minimus 42 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

They have predicted this for years. Religions of the world would become attacked by the governments. The only difference is when they go after Jehovah’s Witnesses, then Jehovah God will step in and destroy the governments.

• mickbobcat
    mickbobcat

I don't see the world joining forces to attack religion. Places like India and the Middle East and Israel will never IMO attack their religions. Some Gov. are attacking some religions like Russia in the JWs case and China in the case of Muslims which I support.

• cofty
    cofty

Mickbobcat if you support the Chinese government sending millions of Uighur Muslims to concentration camps then you are literally a fascist.

Shame on you. Go read a history book and learn about how tyranny starts and where it ends.

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

I always remember the Watchtower teaching that all governments would turn on all religions. Witnesses theorized it would be a seizure of all property and wealth. My personal thoughts when I was a Witness was that it would include all Watchtower assets, as technically the Watchtower teaches Witnesses are separate from the corporation. It was only after this the governments would see Witnesses still chugging along that they would finally turn on the Witnesses.

There are so many religions, many that have no financial assets, that I don't see how this would be possible. I cannot see every religion, but Jehovah's Witnesses, being eradicated. This could only happen if 8 billion people minus the Witnesses decided to give up religion entirely.

• pistolpete
    pistolpete

One of the "Dreams and Goals" of the "Squad" and their followers is getting rid of religion in the United States. The Squad (AOC, Omar, Talib, Pressley) and the thousands of young followers, (Ages between 15-up ) who have been convinced and are being convinced in the Universities, that a world without religion is the best solution for a more peaceful and equal world.

Biden at this point made an effort to distance himself from the rhetoric of the far left and said in the debate that he is for freedom of religion -BUT- Biden is lucky if he will be around for the next 5 years and sooner or later some young democrat like AOC will be taking over the political world unless young conservatives step up.

AOC and her crazy rhetoric is made fun of by many people over the age of 50, but her generation looks pretty strong in the upcoming years when most conservatives have all died.

I mean all these weak democrats like Nancy Pelosi, Chuck Shumer who are still somewhat religious are old and won't last much longer in power cause they will be dead. In the meantime, You have someone radical like AOC who is not afraid to challenge the status-quo. And to be honest, getting rid of religion MAKES SENSE.

Getting rid of religion would stop gullible people from funneling monies to their religious organizations and put it to better use than enriching all these religious leaders like the GB. In reality, all those people who support their religious organizations are trying to buy their way into the Kingdom of everlasting life.

Which doesn't exist.

It would take some radical like AOC to grab hold of he Political power and convince the masses of getting rid of religion in the most Christian country.

All it takes in ONE AMENDMENT TO THE CONSTITUTION to abolish all religion in the USA.

I've met a lot of Muslims at the University and all of the ones I've met are PIMO. There are just in for the parents and relatives.

What's happening in the religious world is the same thing that is happening in the JW world. Young people have access to information and they are discovering that ALL religion is man-made.

I would say that at some point in time, the majority of all major religions will be gone. As long as there is not a nuke war, which is what drives people toward religion, religion will give way to technology and science.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

With it's new Justice soon to be installed on the court, I'd say the new SCOTUS will be very favorable to religion for a long time to come.

• waton
    waton

were they right? or will they be proven right? has never happened yet. governments are only turning against the religion of other countries. the latest Caucasus conflict, , Muslims against Orthodox, are basically religious conflicts.

it would be a huge shift, like the film making technocrats in the wt corporation turning on the governing body.

• Overrated
    Overrated

I would love to see the Government do away with WT Tax exemptions.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

In reality the UN is strongly supported by religoius institutions and is set in country (US) that is highly religious, mostly Christian.

The WTS/JWS actually joined the UN for support. which is an ironic bout of hypocrisy.

• minimus
    minimus

Watchtower did not join the UN.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit