Article: Jehovah's Witnesses elders guilty of failure to report sexual abuse of 6-year-old girl

by AndersonsInfo 16 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• carla
    carla

https://catholicexchange.com/can-priests-ever-reveal-what-is-said-in-confession/

https://www.catholiceducation.org/en/religion-and-philosophy/catholic-faith/the-seal-of-the-confessional.html
    It is my understanding that Catholics do not discuss with other priests confessions made. Not saying I agree with Catholics here, but they can claim 'clergy' because they do not discuss nor do they go to higher authorities within the church. jw's on the other hand usually have 3 men deciding what should or not done and they go on to discuss with wives and potentially keep their own loved ones away from a pedophile while allowing the pedophile free reign in the cong and in putting the general public at risk as well. The wives may talk amongst themselves and the rumor mill may start or perhaps a very few elite will know the truth.

Personally I think the Catholic church and the jw's have a hell of a lot to answer for in the case of child abuses. My point above is simply to distinguish the legal arguments of jw's cannot stand up and be compared to Catholics. They can't have their cake and eat it too. We have no clergy class except in when it suits us to protect or financial status and our 'reputation'.

from the second link- "Or if a priest needs guidance from a more experienced confessor to deal with a difficult case of conscience, he first must ask the permission of the penitent to discuss the matter. Even in this case, the priest must keep the identity of the person secret."

(I'm not a Catholic, only went to a Catholic church for weddings and funerals)

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

Let's say these elders get sentenced to 12 months in the county jail. Here is how it will go down -

The Organization = Jehovah

The Organization told us not to report = Jehovah told us not to report

Conclusion: We are going to jail because we were obedient to Jehovah.

The 3 Hebrew Boys. Do you know what a Negro Spiritual is… | by Damilola  Arulogun | Medium

• markweatherill
    markweatherill

I guess right now this story has as much chance of being mentioned on Lloyd Evans' channel as it does on jw.org, eh.

• Biahi
    Biahi

I just got home from work and had to comment…I had the radio on in my truck and this news was reported by WBBM, Chicago. I called my relative who knows the one elder, she claims she “hadn’t heard”. Also, she said elders aren’t perfect. Oh brother.🤮

• karter
    karter

What the J.W Elders tryed to argue is "Ecclesiastical privilege" were

a confession can not be reviled

Ecclesiastical privilege is bettween the person confessing and a Priest not 3 Elders and whoever else they told.

Karter.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Jeezus, are they still trying to use that?

You'd think the WTS's lawyers would have figured out it doesn't work, by now.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    Elders face up to one year of jail time at sentencing March 25

Wow, could this be another fulfillment of prophecy?

Or maybe yet another “type” or even “anti-type” . Wow! 🙄

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit