Do You Think We Will Ever Get Back To “Normal”?

by minimus 44 Replies latest jw friends

• Simon
    Simon
    Simon that’s a poor parallel
    Simon, if the left wing on an airplane works, why do we have a right wing?

No, it's not, it's intended to show how stupid it is to claim that masks and / or isolation are unnecessary. Both just provide a percentage of protection, and the percentages combine to improve the result.

The argument seems to be that neither are really required by virtue of both being requested, which is a non-argument beyond belief.

Brakes and seatbelts both contribute to improving overall safety by reducing the overall probability of any accident being fatal. The fact that both contribute doesn't prove that neither one is necessary.

• Simonsez
    Simonsez

I agree Simon many therapies are complimentary. Wearing a mask and social distancing work together to make you safer. Washing your hands and not touching your face also help.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

The original question was whether we can get back to normal?

Yes , I am sure we will. Six months ago we were " normal" . Nobody had heard of Coviid19 . I have seen too events to think it cannot go back. Yes we will have a recession but the world economy will recover.

Mankind survived bubonic plague and Spanish Flu. We will get through this.

• minimus
    minimus

I agree things will get better. They always do.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Of course everything will get back to normal eventually it always has and always will.

Hasn`t it always in the past ? The world has gone through pandemics before and we are still here and we will go through them again in the future .

Actually getting through this pandemic will go a long way in helping us to fight whatever new pandemic threatens us in the future .

Science and technology in the field of medicine is always advancing .We have come a long way in fighting diseases that have been a major cause of death through the centuries and have virtually eradicated many of those diseases .

I`m confident and positive for the future .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit