Season 1 Episode 1 A&E Cults and Extreme Belief (Video)

by TerryWalstrom 46 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• AFRIKANMAN
    AFRIKANMAN

Thank you to all involved including the pertinent and honest views and summations posted here.

My only frustration: How to get a PIMI to sit down and view this !!

I think Terry W should have the role of the Guy with the Marlboro Man voice who narrates the Trailers to Movies !

https://youtu.be/7QPMvj_xejg?t=17

Don LaFontaine

• flipper
    flipper

I thought this show was excellent. Very well done . My wife and I watched it together. And Barbara and Romy did a fantastic job of exposing this evil cult for what it is- a criminal organization. I felt so bad for Romy, what a tragic story that's been repeated thousands, if not hundred of thousands of times across the world inside this WT organization.

WT Society and it's leaders are starting to get exposed more and more for their unethical, lawless behavior and all I can say is - it's about fucking time. Bring it on. Looking forward to Leah Remini's exposure of them as well

• TerryWalstrom
    TerryWalstrom

I sometimes play chess with a fellow who's girlfriend is a JW.
    I suggested he watch the A&E with her and that he gauge her honest response.
    Would her sympathy be for abused children or would her automatic reflex be to
    defend and deny on behalf of the abuser organization?

I also suggested a phrase to use when the time was right.
    He should suggest she investigate and if she refused to check anyplace other than the official Watchtower communication lines, he should say:
    "Would you ask O.J. if he is guilty and let it go at that?"
    Well, apparently he pulled it off.
    He called me yesterday.
    "She hit the ceiling and kept demanding we watch something else. I had to to say the O.J. thing to her almost immediately."
    I asked what she replied.
    "Nothing. She just kind of froze and sat still through the whole thing."
    I asked if she ever said a word and he told me she changed the subject.

Wow!
    AT LEAST she watched. Seed planted.

• flipper
    flipper

TERRY- Wow. That is a powerful experience about your buddy's JW girlfriend. Totally true, the seed of information was planted- whether she liked it or disagreed with it or not- she still couldn't unhear what she heard. She was going through extreme cognizant dissonance. But - that's a good thing. The only way any JW will ever get out of this cult is to experience initial cognizant dissonance, and then you hope the scales fall from their eyes and the blinders come off with time.

Thanks for sharing your buddy's experience- really interesting

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Spiral - "...they don't think the actual victims have any 'rights' at all..."

You're more correct than you may have realized.

I've noticed that when they refer to anyone's "rights", they almost always use quotation marks, as in "...so-called 'rights'...", which has the subtle - or maybe not-so-subtle - effect of placing the entire concept of "rights" in a questionable manner...

..almost as if they don't actually believe in "rights".

Looking back, this was even confirmed by my elder Dad years ago...

...he said - for all intents and purposes - that human beings don't really have rights; Jehovah gives them privileges.

It's odd how much of a loyalist he was, considering how nice a person he was, too. Maybe he just mellowed as he got older, I dunno.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

VIDIOT:

I agree with you that the Witnesses act as if their followers have No rights.

They are all about drilling guilt and unworthiness into people. Therefore, how dare anybody speak up and say they were wronged (that is, unless you belong to the right family - anybody else is out of luck).

This religion is nothing more than setting people up to be victimized on every level. Sexual abuse is just the highest form of being victimized there - that, along with being defrauded by a con artist there in a business deal, IMO.

I know people this happened to and this was a lesson to me to never get involved with JWs with any business matter. Maybe further expose programs on the Witnesses will bring out problems like this as well.

• flipper
    flipper

Important topic for newer members especially to see . BTTT, Peace out, Mr. Flipper

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit