US Letter Read Sunday 4/26 at Meeting - No KH Use and No Field Service Indefinitely

by JWTom 65 Replies latest jw friends

• LoyalLeon
    LoyalLeon

Similar Announcement (for elders only) in Central Europe

Announcement
    April 29, 2020
    FOR THE ATTENTION OF ALL ELDERS
    1. Resumption of Field Service and Congregation Meetings: Although the authorities
    in many places are already relaxing some of the restrictions related to the
    COVID-19-pandemic gradually, we ask for your understanding that the restrictions on
    meetings in the Kingdom Hall, house-to-house service and public witnessing cannot
    yet be relaxed. In close cooperation with the Governing Body, you will receive further
    information from the branch office in due course.

4/29/20-E Ge

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

Letter was read last night. Did not use the word indefinitely. Said kh's would remain closed nationwide until the branch communicates otherwise. same with field service.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

a friend of mine (exjw) received a WhatsApp call completely out of the blue last week from a brother we both knew, I reckon either of us haven't heard from him in about 20 years and the first thing he mentioned was are you trying to use a different method of recording hours, my mate was having none of it.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

But... but... how will they get their Time in???

• hoser
    hoser

They are writing letters to get their time in

• joey jojo
    joey jojo

While this seems like an altruistic letter, the cynic in me thinks it is an attempt to prevent losing donators due to illness and death, as there are a lot of older jws and the org isn't really growing in developed countries.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit