Another "pull the football away just before you can kick it" comment made by Circuit Assembly's special guest, Thomas Chicky

by sir82 33 Replies latest jw friends

• sir82
    sir82

I started a thread on this guy's comments about building Kingdom Halls here.

The guy also said this (again, not a word for word quote, but the gist of his comments):

"The primary hope of salvation is the resurrection. Jehovah does not promise anyone that he will survive Armageddon. Now, I don't want to discourage anyone - I hope to live through Armageddon, and I'm sure you do too. But the only thing that Jehovah has promised us is a resurrection. That is our primary hope of salvation."

So....so much for "Armageddon is imminent"!

As were his comments in the other post cited above, this was at the end of his 2nd talk, after he had raced through his outline in less time than scheduled, so this was another more-or-less off-the-cuff remark.

But I suspect he was telegraphing what will become a more and more frequent message in the years to come (thought simplified and unfiltered for clarity):

"Ha ha ha! You thought you'd never die! Joke's on you.....suckersssssss!"

• undercover
    undercover
    ...the only thing that Jehovah has promised us is a resurrection.

ooops. I guess they forgot about 'the Creator's promise' they published twice a month....

Most important, this magazine (Awake! prior to 1995) builds confidence in the Creator's promise of a peaceful and secure new world before the generation that saw the events of 1914 passes away

• sparky1
    sparky1

This is a very sad commentary on Jehovah's Witnesses and their ability to reason in general. I still attended meetings sporadically on Sunday ( 5 or 6 times a year) up until about 5 years ago. One of the things that absolutely broke my heart was a similar comment made by an Elder that I had the utmost respect for. This Elder was like a father/ uncle/ older brother to me and although he wasn't perfect I respected him very much and knew that he was sincere in his beliefs. His family really was a model family. At any rate, this Elder made the comment at a Watchtower study as follows: 'Our real hope is the resurrection and that has been our only hope all along!', I could not believe what I had just heard. I had known him almost my entire life and he talked constantly about the nearness of Armageddon and doing whatever was needed to survive into the New World. Before I went to Bethel in 1974 we stood on his side porch and he said to me: "Sparky, I envy you going to Bethel. That is going to be the best place to be when Armageddon strikes". Now that he is about 80 years old what can he say? He has to delude himself in order to silence his nagging doubts and inner voices. I hate what this religion does to normal human beings.

• sparky1
    sparky1

More wasted ink, paper, production time and unfulfilled human lives and potential!

Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses: creating more personal confusion , unhappiness, inordinate guilt, unnecessary shame, personal humiliation, unneeded deaths and wrecking human lives and potential since 1879!

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

Moving towards a rapture type idea? Everyone will be taken... so go ahead and drink this delicious Kool-Aid and say goodnight...

• MacHislopp
    MacHislopp

Hello everyone,

thanks for the excellent information. I'll use it very soon!

Sparky 1 I do agree with you ...very sad indeed as you nailed it:

"He has to delude himself in order to silence his nagging doubts and inner voices. I hate what this religion does to normal human beings. "

Very truthfull words indeed. Thanks for sharing your experience.

Greetings to you all,

JC MacHislopp

" Nescit vox missa reverti" ( Horatius, ars poetica, 390)

(A word, once spoken, cannot be recalled back)

or (Matthew 12:37) 37 for by your words you will be declared righteous,

and by your words you will be condemned.”

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

Hmmmm! New light?

• Darkknight757
    Darkknight757
    I also remember an older lady say with a tear in her eye that she hopes Armageddon comes soon because she was worried that she may not live to see it. How sad. These people are in such a bad place. I hate what this religion does to good, honest hearted people.
  • kairos
    kairos

So what one does or how one chooses to live doesn't really matter then does it?

( Hey, even Hitler might get a Resurrection )

---

For those keeping score at home:

WT- $$$

You- dead.

thanks for playing...

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

And yet sadly very few if any will actually find any problem with that statement!

It doesn't matter what they say or teach, it does not change the mindless adherence to the GB and all the society says.....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit