Jehovah's Witnesses: remembering the weird and wacky!

by Vanderhoven7 49 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

I remember Russell saying something about the shape of a man's head determines intelligence.

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS

Samuel Herd, member of the Governing Body since 1999, justified female subjection on the basis that their smaller brain size makes them less intelligent.

“You know, scientists say that the cranial capacity of a woman is 10% smaller than that of a man so now this shows that she’s just not equipped for the role of headship. Her role is one of subjection to the man. Her role is that of submissiveness and that means that she should recognize that she is a woman and be glad to be a woman.” The Value of Our Theocratic Sisters Samuel Herd, Oakland CA 1971

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

1914 and the tree and 607 is not wacky because that did not originate with JWs, not even Russell. That was before Barbour.

• Ding
    Ding

Pyramid measurements (in inches, yet!) being relevant to Bible prophecy.

Also, when Russell changed his date from 1874 to 1914, the pyramid passageway somehow grew 40 inches.

• wozza
    wozza

Incredible what R & R has quoted ,I wonder what Samuel Herd would feel if the other governing body members wrote something like this.........

"You know, scientists say that the cranial capacity of a negro is 10% smaller than that of a normal man so now this shows that he's just not equipped for the role of being human. His role is one of subjection to the white man. His role is one of submissiveness and that means that he should recognize that he is a negro and glad to be a slave. "

The Value of our Theocratic Slaves by the Loving White Governing Body Members New York 1971

• RULES & REGULATIONS
  • wannaexit
    wannaexit

Then there are all the regional stuff:

- smurfs are demonized
    - women shouldn't wear pants with zippers on the front
    - Listening to Paul Anka's" put your head on my shoulder " makes you immoral
    - Skirts have to be 2 inches below the knee
    - White shirts only on stage
    - Brothers can't say the prayer at a meeting unless you have a jacket on
    -Reading the awake for six months will give you a college education

I could go on and on on the craziness of this religion.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

@wannaexit

I could go on and on on the craziness of this religion

The scary thing is that your list is real - it really was/is the case!

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

@Rattigan

"1914 and the tree and 607 is not wacky because that did not originate with JWs, not even Russell. That was before Barbour."

The point is not who originated 1914. The point is that the WTS has taught and still teaches this wackiness.

But out of curiosity, could you document who before Russell taught 1914.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    The point is not who originated 1914. The point is that the WTS has taught and still teaches this wackiness.

As an aside, I’d say they can’t get out of it, it’s locked in.

The alternative would be to acknowledge that “wicked” Christendom has it right.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit