Watchtower set for its biggest pay day, ever.

by pleaseresearch 32 Replies latest watchtower bible

• notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo

The Daily Mail reported in a headline he had no will and that his next of kin, his crack addict sister inherits everything but if you read the article it said IF he had not made a will.

I'm pretty sure Prince's advisors made him have a will.

If you have not seen this clip about Prince from Kevin Smith watch it...it is brilliant.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LhcParuzpc

• oppostate
    oppostate
    Would it be right for the WT to accept the money since Prince made most of it from "music that is deemed not appropriate for a Christian"?
    Especially if it stumbled others?

To the WT hierarchs money is money, especially when it becomes theirs. The WT don't care where it comes from.

But if you are gainfully employed in an industry the WT deems unworthy, forget about it, you've got six months to find other employment or your rear is getting the boot.

• millie210
    millie210

I am wondering if it is possibly a chance he didnt have a will?

The reason I wonder is because the Org seems to be circling this story like a shark in the water. LIke they smell potential.

Are they prepping his sister for a handout saying its "what Br Nelson would have wanted"? 

If there was a will, everyone would know by now wouldnt they?

• Virran
    Virran

It's very possible he didn't have a will. He was still pretty "young", at least at heart and I'm sure he didn't think he would die anytime soon. And that the worst that could happen to his money if he did is that it would be appointed to his next of kin.

To will all your fortune to a religion you don't follow 100% sounds extreme, unless of course he viewed it as an atonement for his "sinful" way of life. But I really, really hope he wasn't that confused, poor guy.

If the WT gets even a penny of this ridiculous amount of moolah it's a penny too much and I will be pissed.

• notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo

He was 57...I am 40 and I have a will...he is a massive celebrity with a fortune...he had PA's, accountants, advisors etc.

They all would say to him that a will is a must.

• redpilltwice
    redpilltwice

According to this Dutch newspaper, Prince didn't have a will (at least not until 2014). Money would go to his 6 (half) brothers and sisters, not to the WT.

Time will tell...

http://www.telegraaf.nl/prive/25673646/___Geen_testament_Prince_gevonden___.html

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

I don't think they will get a dime.

The important thing to us is, they will receive NONE OF OUR MONEY!

• Virran
    Virran

Well, if he did get strongly advised to set up a will by his financial advisors I sure hope the same ones told him it's a bad, bad idea to make it out to a sect. Especially one that you're not totally devoted to.

Prince didn't have any kids so I don't see how he could have viewed a will as that important. But, only time will tell. They say the guy was a genius and that's often a fine line from being insane, so who knows. I'm pretty sure he forked over substantial amounts to the WT when still alive.

• millie210
    millie210

I am thinking he did hand over plenty while alive.

What was strange though was did you see the local KH he "attended"? It looked like a set for a 60s movie.

The chairs and windows and colors look like there hasnt been a remodel in a "generation" (lol I am having fun with that term today) or so. So did his money immediately get funneled upward? Because you sure cant see that any of it was used in the local KH.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard
    They deserve nothing. I would like to see them taxed at more than 100% of everything they get on this. And, if the washtowel gets royalties on Prince's music, I hope LimeWire or similar programs deliver more of it than whatever the washtowel can make money off of. Hopefully, the washtowel gets nothing of Prince's older (and far superior) music--you know, the ones with the explicit content warnings.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit