How do you feel about the expression "The Truth"?

by stuckinarut2 39 Replies latest jw experiences

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

It's amazing how the expression "the Truth" has become such an ingrained term used by witnesses.

"we have 'The Truth'"

or

"is he 'in the Truth'?"

Most here have found out so many facts about the organisation, and felt the effects of being "gut-punched" as we realised these facts.

So how do you feel about the expression "the truth" now?

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

It's the best example of loaded language I can think of. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loaded_language

You can't own or be in truth. Truth either exists or it doesn't. It doesn't have an owner.

• ctrwtf
    ctrwtf
    That expression is utterly vomit inducing. I try to avoid it at all times.
  • snugglebunny
    snugglebunny
    I was aware that the expression was self-hypnotising and dropped it immediately I left.
  • Bruisedandbleeding12
    Bruisedandbleeding12
    I still have problems using that term, but my wife is still in & ive only been out for about 7 months (I really dislike it because that faith is 'not' the truth).
  • TTWSYF
    TTWSYF
    The TRUTH is...that I already posted on this topic
  • SecretSlaveClass
    SecretSlaveClass
    It's the one term that is able to incite enough violence in me that I would consider punching a Jehovah's Witless in the face when one utters it.
  • stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Revived this thread in honour of the witness who abruptly asked me today "Why did you leave the truth!?"

I calmly replied. "I didn't leave 'The Truth'. It was 'truth' itself that moved me to stop attending the meetings"

• stillin
    stillin

It's an arrogant way of putting everybody else down.

• tiki
    tiki

I just call it "the religion". Thats all it is...just another man concocted crippling religion.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit