Disfellowshipped

by Pinky 20 Replies latest watchtower bible

• steve2
    steve2

Sign a document that commits you to immediately begin paying an ongoing large monthly sum of money directly to JW organization on condition that your repentance has led to reinstatement. In other words, the money only starts if you're no longer disfellowshipped. You could be looking at three months tops. Happy "donations"!

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

be positive--being disfellowshipped means--you cant be disfellowshipped !

so fill your boots.

• I Faded Twice
    I Faded Twice

The elders and society would say it all depends on the person. That's horse shit! It all depends on how much you kiss their ass!

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

I say be thankful your DFed, that’s your calling card to leave this criminaly insane cult

• dogisgod
    dogisgod

So I'm sitting alone in the car with a long time sister. She says, " So, what's going on with Bill and Susan? " Back story. Bill...presiding overseer....yrs ago was a special pioneer and he and sister married-to-someone-else were disfellowshipped for messing with each other. He comes to meeting with family. They are seated and he gets up and stands in the middle of the back holding his Bible. NO ONE speaks to him...ever. Susan is 10 yrs my senior (but much younger than Bill) has a crush on him. Bill is Susans dad's friend and helps with their apts. Susan studies with me for years...my mentor. She marries another guy and they have 3 kids. I marry and we both rent houses with back yards adjoining. Very good friends. Back to present. I am dumbfounded this sister asks me that and I turn red and become uncomfortably hot. I say, "Nothing! He spends time over there because he runs her father's business (he had passed away) and she types the school schedule for him". She says, "do you remember when he and so-and-so had an affair?" "No they didn't. Bill told me it was a big mistake and a circuit overseer offered to exonerate him!" She just looks at me and says, " it was Shirley and I who caught them". Whoa. Whoa. Whoa. Unable to process. He would come over almost every day 3 minutes after the girls went to school and leave 3 minutes b4 they came home. For about 10 years. I started seeing things I had not noticed before. like....when she handed him a cup of coffee she would stroke his hand. I stopped going over there. Then the rest of the elders have a talk with him. Apparently her oldest daughter had squeeled. He said they were right and never went there again or spoke to her privately. I have never seen a more heart broken wrecked woman. Everybody kept going to the meetings as usual. He moved away to Hawaii. She never was the same. Ever.

• dogisgod
    dogisgod

AT the very least a year.

• Afterburn
    Afterburn

My father would tell you that no one is ever disfellowshipped for adultery, but only ever for a lack of repentance.

Realistically, 1) if you sufficiently convince the elders you are repentant, 2) if the offense is not extremely public, and 3) there aren't any children produced from the adultery (no unavoidable extant proof) ... you could be privately reproved and no one ever even know besides those directly involved and the elders.

Odds of that outcome might improve if several members of your family are on the elder body, or they might worsen, it depends a lot on the attitudes of the elders in question and on their perspective of you.

How long someone would be disfellowshipped for failing to convince a small group of men that they were repentant varies, greatly, and still, at some point, reinstatement always involves successfully convincing a small group of men they were repentant.

None of it is clear cut, ever. Like all life inside the religion, there is a continual undercurrent of, "Be hyper-vigilant! What would everyone else think? What if Brother Stickler or Sister Buttinski saw / heard about that?"

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

it is all about how you have hurt Jehovah,

how utterly ridiculous.

as if a persons sexual misbehaviour could possibly hurt god almighty.

childish.

but then the whole thing is nonsense.

• ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara
    ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara

The only factor that matters to most elders is how far can they pull your string, drag you by the rope tied to your neck, on hot coals !

I have so many non-personal experiences I saw, felt awful for those going through it. Sorry I can go on and on on this topic alone for hours!

Too many lifes wrecked in the name of religion, god ! The god they worship has left the universe long ago!

Zing

• La Capra
    La Capra

Blondie-My mom's friend's elder-husband has been disfellowshipped for adultery, reinstated, and reappointed 3 times, in the last 30 years or so. If the 20 year rule still applied, the math wouldn't work. But maybe if it had applied, transgressions 2 and 3 would not have occurred. 3 times. What a winner.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit