Medal of Valor given by Obama to JW Grandmother - Check her Lapel Pin

by Da.Furious 45 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Wearing the jorg pin while accepting this medal gives the false impression that JWs are out there laying their lives on the line in the active duty police force.

• steve2
    steve2
    To paraphrase the heinous Rutherford: "Advertise, advertise, advertise JW.org"
  • smiddy
    smiddy

Was Sgt. Robert Wilson 111 , a practicing Jehovah`s Witness in good standing ? I don`t think so.

More likely he was either a fader or had rejected the teachings of the Jehovah`s Witnesses long ago to become a police officer.

However this grandmother saw an opportunity to promote the JW cult and maybe count some time in the process at her grandsons expense.

The Obama administration/security failed to identify this breach of propaganda for personal causes that the White House does not endorse.

Where was his mother ? his father ? Are they Jehovah`s Witnesses in good standing ? or had they long left the religion too  presumably as their son had done.

smiddy

• zeb
    zeb

I hope the lady wears her tragically earned award to the next kh meeting.

I have the deepest respect for the family here and their dreadful loss.

Would elders and the fluttering class be happy to see her wear her Medal of Honour to a wt meeting.

I would stand aside for the lady.

• sparky1
    sparky1

She forgot part of her 'Theocratic Wardrobe'.......................................................

• jaydee
    jaydee

Good one sparky1.........

I always wanted one of those bags............

• sparky1
    sparky1

No disrespect intended, but it appears that she and President Obama share the same hair stylist.

• steve2
    steve2

Her grandson was shot to death.

Leave her the h#ll alone.

This is so typical of the victim-mentality in which emotion overrules everything and the "victim's" sympathisers minimise how she contributed to the furore. She willingly seized an opportunity to 'sup with the secular authorities" to receive an award for a deceased grandson who was in a line of work that JWs are NOT free to engage in and she simultaneously "bumper-stickered' her religious affiliation. To put it bluntly, she asked for it.

On the other hand, had she gone to the awards ceremony and not "bumper-stickered" her affiliation, but someone recognized her and called her out for being a JW THAT would be unfair.

If you bumper-sticker your affiliation in a situation where it is not the focus, you can expect reactions.

Don't go crying, "Persecution!"

• steve2
    steve2

Those who are interested might like to go the link in the OP and read the vigorous exchanges of view about JW org and sundry teachings and practices. Pro-witness voices use a lot of emotional reasoning, whilst their critics are shar-focused and know their stuff.

One pro-Witness poster, W Kelly, initially gave a spirited defense but his more recent posts reflect a detached sense of resignation, along the lines of, "If you don't like it, leave the organization" and a defeated smattering of, "Who said we were perfect?"

Hmmmm. The calibre of pro-JW defenses continues to decline.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

I noticed this W Kelly person claims "witnesses can believe anything they want" ....they just shouldn't "promote or advocate anything different to what the organization teaches..." as it "causes divisions" ...blahdy blah...

That statement should come with a Theocratic warfare alert I don't remember being allowed to believe whatever I wanted.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit